Rectifier users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Channel?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This might be a slightly skewed poll since not everyone responding has a triple channel rec.

I do prefer channel 3 in the modern mode. I think it depends more on what mode you are using, not so much the channel. From what I understand, the only difference between channel 2 and 3 on the triple channel recs is the presence control.

I use channel 3 in the modern mode because there is a ball-breaking spank that I havn't found with any other amp. I love channel 2 with the vintage mode as well, but there is just something about channel 3 in the modern mode that kicks major ***!

Yeah I realized that after I made the poll, sorry guys. Just reply in the thread instead.

G.I.G. said:
This might be a slightly skewed poll since not everyone responding has a triple channel rec.

I do prefer channel 3 in the modern mode. I think it depends more on what mode you are using, not so much the channel. From what I understand, the only difference between channel 2 and 3 on the triple channel recs is the presence control.

I use channel 3 in the modern mode because there is a ball-breaking spank that I havn't found with any other amp. I love channel 2 with the vintage mode as well, but there is just something about channel 3 in the modern mode that kicks major ***!

Channel 3 seems to have more bass and volume to me, at least on my dual rec. I have the volume significantly higher on the channel volume for 2 to keep the same volume.

Platypus said:
Channel 3 seems to have more bass and volume to me, at least on my dual rec. I have the volume significantly higher on the channel volume for 2 to keep the same volume.

Do you have channel 2 on the vintage or raw modes? That can explain the differnce in volume and bass. It explains in the owners manual that there is a noticilbe increase in volume when goin to the modern mode in either channel 2 or 3. It could be due to the different circuitry for the modern setting.

There could be more to it than that. I probably havn't played around enough with it to notice a huge difference.

G.I.G. said:
Platypus said:

Do you have channel 2 on the vintage or raw modes? That can explain the differnce in volume and bass. It explains in the owners manual that there is a noticilbe increase in volume when goin to the modern mode in either channel 2 or 3. I think it is due to the different circuitry for the modern setting.

There could be more to it than that. I probably havn't played around enough with it to notice a huge difference.

Yeah that's why exactly, I have CH3 in modern and CH2 in vintage. CH2 just sings in the vintage mode for me, it sounds ok in modern but I love the liquid recto voice :)

Platypus said:
Yeah that's why exactly, I have CH3 in modern and CH2 in vintage. CH2 just sings in the vintage mode for me, it sounds ok in modern but I love the liquid recto voice :)

We're on the same page for sure. Having channel 3 in the modern mode and channel 2 in the vintage mode gives me a great deal of high-gain versitility in one amp. Being in a hard-rock cover band, I couldn't ask for a better amp....except for maybe a RK or a Roadster. :D

Platypus said:
Yeah I realized that after I made the poll, sorry guys. Just reply in the thread instead.

:p

:D

I use mostly channel 2. I use it in modern, but when I stomp on the solo button it switches to vintage.

Latest posts

Back