Rectifier Mids

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmani99

Reaction score
I have 2 marks and 2 recs. Whenever I play my marks I seem to like the 750 slider on or sometimes even below the lowest line. And the mids knob at like 10 oclock. So I assume that I like a really scooped sound. However when I play my recs I like the mids between 11 and noon which seems almost opposite of how I set my marks.

I guess my question is.... is the rectifier "scooped" to begin with? Or does the mark have a ton of mids? What would be considered normal or flat? I wonder if I am experiencing "eq hangover" and have lost my sense of a "flat" eq curve. :lol:

Anyone have any input or thoughts?

Do you set both amps for the same tone, or do you make the most of their characteristic tones?

I suspect you like a smooth tone from the Marks (scooped) and you like the grind from the rectos, which is pretty mid-heavy.

I also suspect that the gain and tone stacks in the two amps are such that rectos allow for a clear tone with more mids, while Marks get muddy with mids.

I set my amps the same way, almost.

The Mark's are very mid heavy to begin with, I think, and that 750 slider can make it sound very honky for rhythm playing. My old C+ with no GEQ was very honky in the mids and is the reason I sprung for a GEQ model. For lead playing the 750 works great, though. The Recto is low-mid heavy, to my ears. It'd be interesting to find out the frequency curve on the Recto's mid pot. I'm sure someone has researched it before. I'd put it around a 4-500HZ range? Maybe as you move up the pot it goes near 800?

Elvis, You may be right. I might just like the mids on the rectifier. It seems to me like I am dialing them into a similar sound though. It just seems whenever I pull the 750 slider up close to the middle it gets really honky and annoying.

Elpelotero I think you are correct too. The marks seem very mid heavy. The rectifier I think has much less mid to begin with. I would be curious to know what freq the mid know on the rectifier is affecting.

Latest posts

Back