REAL C+ ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
there is a 60w reverb,no eq, head on ebay. it has the + over the powercord. The serial number is 11283. this seems low from the publications i have seen. is this an original c+ ? the item number on ebay is #200005976362.

Probably a fake. The only way to tell is by looking at the guts. It may have been modded, but the s/n is too low to be an original +.

it's not an original C+. i think i saw that one and the guy had it listed as Simul. I told him it wasn't simul or an '85 bc of the serial. He replied saying he had typo'd the simul but that the serial # was '85/original C+.....Sure buddy.

Get some gut shots from the seller and contact MB at Mesa. From what I know, an '85 would not have a 11XXX serial. That one falls way outside the range of C+'s IIRC. Auction looks funny to me.

What a bunch of conspriacy theorists.

It's an upgraded IIC. It may have been upgraded to a IIC+ in 85 as it would not have the pull deep face plate.

Other than that, it's a 60 watt non-eq-simul upgraded pig.

It's getting to the point where scammers are onto the fact that you can sell something off as a C+ and make some nice money by being "ignorant"....hence my recommendation to call Boogie. I'm not sure what is being a "conspiracy theorist" about that. When you buy on the net, buyer beware and cover your ***.

That being said, my C+ is a 12XXX and is made sometime between April and August of '84. How is an 11XXX serial Boogie made in '85? Was Boogie as bad as Marshall with their serial number sequencing?

I agree with boogiebabies. Im sure it has been modded to a c+ and the guy does not know the serial number history and where to look for the date.

How about this for a conspiracy? I was speaking to Mike B. about this serial # issue, especially the low range C+ serial numbers. He said that they had an amp come in for service with serial # 12560. It did not have the "+" mod done to it. He explained that the chassis did not get the serial number stamped until it was about to be installed into the cabinet. If an order was cancelled during or after the chassis was built, BUT before it was installed into the cabinet, the chassis was put on the shelf until a similar order came through the shop. Then it would be stamped and installed in the cabinet style that was ordered. This amp #12560 would probably have the "Gain Boost" style faceplate I would guess. As has been stated, the "effects loop test" will not lie.

Latest posts

Back