Rack switching and looper system?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlester

Reaction score
Hi all -

I'm looking for recommendations for rack switching and looping systems. I was looking at doing something like an RG-16 + FX rack + foot controller. However, by the time I get all that put together with something like a ground control and g-major... I'm up to the cost of the G-System.

This will most likely be fore a Mark V rig.

Any opinions are welcomed.

I wound up going with the G-System for my Mark V, and I wish I would have done it sooner. In the loops I'm running a Nova Drive and a Radial ToneBone Classic, and this configuration takes the Mark V to a whole new level of versatility. Plus, it's a very clean setup.

It depends on you.

I HATE...and I mean HATE processors...I hate having soooo many parameters to tweak. I've always been able to get all my sounds more effectively, and sounding better, out of pedals, which is why I use a GCX Looper.

If you're good with processors, the G System is a good way to keep things clean and compact.

Eric

I'm great with parameters. I'm was a recording engineer for many many years (still am part time). I've been tweaking for decades.

I do agree that a lot of time pedals can yield better sounds. I would just use the processor for time based effects.

I used to use the behringer footpedal thing they had with a little midi switcher in a box to change the channels on my Nomad made by Axes electronics. He even does some custom boxes specifically to work with Mesa amps and they are build like a tank. The great thing about the Behringer footpedal is that it's easy to program, tons of them out there on the used market for CHEAP and there are all sorts of cool mods you can do. I was pretty happy with that setup when I used it.

I use a GCP/GCX and its awesome. I suppose a G-System would be cool but I need specific pedals that just aren't found in any processors. I like having the Ground Control Pro in front of me and nothing else. My rack consists of a G Major 2, and 7 pedals which I have velcroed to a rack drawer. Being able to program the GCP to use any combonation of my pedals and GM2 programs is fantastic! I hate tap dancing...so being able to turn off 4 effects, turn on 2 or 3 other ones, and changing amp channels all with one step frees me up to just focus on playing my guitar on stage.

P.S

This is a cool forum! :D

Anyone successfully implemented an RJM mini Amp gizmo with their nomad? I'm looking down the raod to this as something I might be into doing.

Latest posts

Back