Quick MkV:25 CabClone demo - NOT Metal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I was researching this amp I had a hard time finding a demo of the CabClone recording that wasn't Metal. Made me apprehensive to try this amp out but boy am I glad I did. Anyway, I thought I'd put together a demo of the CabClone capabilities for a more rock sound. This is NOT my best music, but is a pretty reasonable indication of the recording quality you can get with little to no fiddling with the amp.

The bass is DI, the clean rhythm is channel 1, clean mode, straight into an M Audio interface recorded with Pro Tools. The lead bit is channel 2, Mk II C+, again straight into the interface and pro tools. No pedals or effects were used. I had the speaker turned off (apparently this changes the CabClone sound), and the CabClone set to open back.

The mix is poor, the playing is sloppy, but whatever! Enjoy: https://soundcloud.com/tee_rex_arms/cabclone-demo

I like it! Sounds good!

You said you did not use any pedals or effects so forgive the question, I just want to verify.

Was the reverb the Mark V25 reverb? I think it was as it did not sound stereo to me

primal said:
Was the reverb the Mark V25 reverb? I think it was as it did not sound stereo to me
You're correct, that was the MkV:25 reverb. I didn't mess around with the levels of it at all; I had about 20 minutes and wanted to get a little recording.

Thanks!

Nice work, I really like your tone and feel.

A few questions if I may, what guitar did you use and which M-audio interface ? I have and old M-audio1010LT that has been great, but am expecting to have to retire it soon as newer operating systems are not supported.

J.J said:
A few questions if I may, what guitar did you use and which M-audio interface ?

Thanks! I really appreciate that. The guitar is a 2013 LP Studio all stock. It's a great guitar, and you can get the Studio line for a great deal when the release the next year's lineup. My interface is the M Audio Fast Track. Literally the cheapest one you can get. Just a single xlr and 1/4" input. It is not fancy but for me recording ideas that pop into my head at home it does the trick.

Back