5/25 Cabclone Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asimmd

Reaction score
HI Guys

I am using the Cabclone DI out for recording all the time but it is only mono.

So yesterday I had an idea,what if I connect an XLR to twin XLR to the Cabclone
and the split XLR's to my interface so getting a twin mono sound.

Oh dear I don't know why but no volume I turned the amp full on and could
barely hear anything.

Has anyone else tried this and if so did it work.

Thanks

Alan

You will not get a desired stereo sound. Best thing is to double track. It is harder but that's why there are proffesional guitar players.

The same signal duplicated twice is NOT stereo. And what's worse, you are probably getting phase cancellation. Assuming everything is wired correctly and the cables/adapters are good, then the signal is getting phase-cancelled and you would end up hearing barely anything or something really weird. Either record in mono (because stereo is not always "better" in and of itself) or double-track.

Jiveman said:
The same signal duplicated twice is NOT stereo. And what's worse, you are probably getting phase cancellation. Assuming everything is wired correctly and the cables/adapters are good, then the signal is getting phase-cancelled and you would end up hearing barely anything or something really weird. Either record in mono (because stereo is not always "better" in and of itself) or double-track.

+1!!

Latest posts

Back