Questions to Mark V:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kavevester

Reaction score
I have recently received the Mark V:25 and this is an easy amp to tweak I must say. Hard to get a really bad sound..

Questions:

1. What is the difference in using the Cap Clone output compared to effect send? I cannot hear any difference...
I'm using effect send or Cap Clone to send to Axe FX2 hence I want the sound from the Mesa but the stereo from the Axe FX2 and all the other effects. Anybody doing something like this?
2. Is there a switch box to switch between (channel 1) clean and fat? If no I'm not able to select between clean chrunch and dirty sound right but only the two? I love the chrunch sound on channel 1 but then I cannot use the clean during performance.. Hmm. Please confirm that this is the case.

But love this little lunchbox. The Axe FX 2 can be a little time consuming in relation to amp/cap setup. Tweaking for an hour and you cannot hear right anymore therefore the Mesa which cannot go that wrong in the sound setup and the tubes just gives and gives... :)

Br, -

Karsten from Denmark

Hi Karsten from Denmark,

The Mark V:25 is a two-channel amp. You can only switch between the two main channels easily. Each channel has three modes, but generally you would need to change some amp settings when changing modes, so they are not foot-switchable or controller-switchable.

I found that the Clean and Fat modes can be switched well without changing other settings, and also IIC and IV modes can also be changed without changing settings. So I would choose between those modes for a particular song and then switch between channels 1 and 2 with the footswitch.

Unfortunately you cannot easily use both clean and crunch. If you could, who would buy the Mark V?

Latest posts

Back