Put all 6l6's back in the 2:90. How does this sound?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great man!!! What tubes did you have in there before? Did they obviously sound worse?

Nice Riff! :twisted: tone sounds great! is that the direct sound or miked?

And how?

...just curious :)

Rob

tedsticle said:
Sounds great man!!! What tubes did you have in there before? Did they obviously sound worse?

All JJ's, pre and power. I just put the old 6l6's back in the class a slots. I had EL34L's in there before.

Better or worse just depends on what your ears want at that time. :D

EL34L's have a great complex upper mid thing going on that 6l6's can't do, but EL34's compress more. But you can get close with 6l6's on the mids but then you get the best cleans.

v6spider said:
Nice Riff! :twisted: tone sounds great! is that the direct sound or miked?

And how?

...just curious :)

Rob

I used this mic. It cost' me $75! http://www.cadmics.com/GXL2200.htm

Find a sweet spot of the grill, and roll off the proximity, and add some highend. Done.

love the tone dude. Have you got any samples with the EL34's in. Just to hear a comparison.

meemawuk said:
love the tone dude. Have you got any samples with the EL34's in. Just to hear a comparison.

Thanks, but Sorry I don't. But you could expect the lowest lows, and the highest highs to be rolled off a bit. And then you'll get a boost in the upper mids somewhere around 2.5k along with a slightly more chewy attack from the EL's.

Latest posts

Back