PRS SE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesD

Reaction score
I am looking into a backup guitar and don't want have a ton to spend.
I was wondering what everyone's opinions on the PRS SE Model's are? Are they good to go from stock, or how much money to be put into one after stock to make a good guitar? Thanks in advance.

I just picked one up for the same reason. I got mine used and it was already modified with PRS locking tuners and PRS RP (Modern Eagle) pups. It's a really nice guitar and it sounds great. The nut and trem were replaced also.

However, the dark neck has some problems like you can't see the fret markers on stage.

i had a tremonti se as a backup guitar for a while. the guitar is nice, but you have to replace the tuners, the nut, the pickups, and the pots. if it were me, i'd go with an LTD. they come stock with grovers, an earvana nut, EMG's or Duncans, and are better built guitars...for the same price.

EC-400AT_BLK.jpg

I'm gonna go with a positive note on them. I've had a Tremonti SE for a couple of years now, and I really like it. You may have to do stuff like upgrade pickups on it, but honestly, I haven't run into any other sub $500 guitar that isn't microphonic, so you pretty much have to replace the pickups anyway.

Thanks for the replies. That LTD looks really sweet actually. I read up on it and read nothing but people praising it. I play a Viper for my main guitar, and i think this would really give it a run for its money on top guitar spot.

the ltd is awesome man. i've owned both the prs tremonti se, and the ltd...and the ltd is hands down just a better guitar. i used to work in a store that was an ESP dealer...and to be honest i like the EC400AT more than the EC-1000...and it gave my ESP Eclipse a run for its money.

LTD

IMAG0017.jpg

ESP

IMAG0009.jpg

SE

se006.jpg

Yeah. I have pretty much made up my mind. As soon as i get a few extra bucks the LTD is going to be coming to my address. lol..Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back