Proper speaker connections for Blue Angel 2x10?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green_henry

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Blue Angel 2x10 with a pair of 8 ohm Jensen P10Rs. They appear to be wired in series and are connected to the single 16 ohm output. They sound fine, and based on what I've read, this seems safe. However, I don't know whether this is how it came from the factory -- the owner's manual is unclear on this.

The amp also has a pair of 4 ohm outputs and a pair of 8 ohm outputs. Would there be any advantage connecting each speaker directly to the 8 ohm outputs?

If you were to connect each speaker directly you would need to plug each into a 4 ohm jack. Having both connected separately provides a parallel connection which makes the total load the amp sees 4 ohms. 1/8+1/8=1/4. You could also connect them in parallel to each other, and then run a cable from just one speaker to a 4 ohm jack, but the sound difference between having the speakers in series vs parallel is a personal sound choice. I find it minimal, and wire them up for what's convenient in my rig. Also sweet amp. I'm going to try and find one for myself next year.

Latest posts

Back