Problem with Mesa boogie Dual rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, found the problem

The fuse in the tranformer had blown. But when i changed, i got everyting working, the fuse keep blowing in the transformer. At first everything work, but when im trying everything for the second time, the fuse blows. Do I need a new transformer, or is it the amp causing this?

Lazarus, is it a toroidal transformer? They usually have some kind of inrush current protection - there is most probably a thermistor, which is in series with the winding. If you plug the transformer out and in quickly, the thermistor does not have the time to cool down and therefore it cannot work as inrush current protection. The current is high and will blow the fuse. A few minutes should be quite OK. What is the rating of the transformer fuse?

Im not sure if I understand the question. Im converting 117 volts to 220 v. If this is what you mean. Im not really sure what kind of converter it is. I could try to upload a picture..

The converter contains a transformer. It looks either as a rectangular box (EI core transformer) or as a car tyre, possibly with filled center (toroidal transformer). There are other possibilities, but these two are the most common ones.

Latest posts

Back