Powered pedal boards?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauliegtr

Reaction score
Anyone use powered pedal boards, such as a Boss or Furman? Or do you prefer to just use a board and power it yourself?

i just use the VisualSound OneSpot daisy chain to power the pedals on my PedalTrain board. i heard too many bad reviews of noisy power from those powered boards, and a lot of people saying they eventually ended up not using the power section. my setup is $189 for pedaltrain with roadcase and $29 for power, which is $20 more than the furman but includes a roadcase for the pedalboard.

I don't like pedalboards with high voltage running to the vicinity of my feet and hum-inducing power supplies near my stompboxes. I built my own board and put all the transformers and wall warts in a very small rack, then ran a couple of low voltage DC lines with quick disconnects to the board.

Whether removing the wallwarts and high voltage is worth it probably depends on your effects. One thing for sure, if you have any basic carpenter skills at all you will save big bucks building your own pedalboard. You can use the money you save to buy a Voodoo or similar power supply.

I also purchased a non powered pedal board,,,and use the
visual sound 1 spot with it.
Im currently running 7 pedals in all with it and not a bit of any added noise. Im completely happy with this purchase,,a great value IMHO.
If you look into the 1 spot,,,dont buy the combo pack with all the different connectors unless you need them. All my pedals have the typical 9v negative tip boss type connectors so I was able to purchase the power supply walwart then two, 5 tip daisy chains. They can be added and connected as many times as needed up to a total of 1700ma per power supply.
Good luck

I got a power brick. Its a Power Pad II. Wasn't too expensive. Love it. Powers all my pedals, not more batteries to change. It gets all my pedals and has an extra regular outlet for my whammy.

DSC00418.jpg

I've been using a Boss for a couple of years and it has done me fine. But I am also becoming aware (thanks to forums such as this) that there are better methods. I've never noticed any interference, but my old ears are shot! My main concern now is clean power to the effects that I am accumulating. So following the trend you've seen here, I'm researching various boards and power supply options.

bought a used Furman SPB-8 off of ebay pretty cheap. ($120...Can.)
I've heard all of the complaints and read all of the reviews and I can say I haven't been happier with my setup. Run guitar in to a Dunlop 535Q, EB Vol Jr. (out to Boss TU-12H Tuner) , Keeley Compressor and Maxon OD808 up to guitar input on the powerstrip. I use a DD-3, Phase 90, Ch-1 and Digitech Whammy in the loop to the loop on my Roadster. All of which exits the powerstrip output (mono) to the main input on the amp. works fantastic especially with the loop switch on the Roadster footswitch. I've heard of people having excessive noise problems running pedals through the loop on this pedalboard but it's dead silent. All pedals are powered with the 9 volts inputs with the exception of the Whammy pedal which uses one of the standard wall wart spots on the poserstrip. Throw it in the carrying bag with my Roadster footswitch and all of my excessive cables and I'm good to go...I love this thing.

right now im using one of these:

http://www.landscapeaudio.com.br/prod_detail.asp?prod_id=12&cat_id=11

never had any problems and is silent as it can gets 8)

Pedaltrain & Voodoo Labs Pedal Power. Going strong for about three years now 3 to 4 nights a week without any problems or interference whatsoever.

BTW, It's definitely worth it to spend the extra dough and get the hard shell case with the pedaltrain.

I don't have a pedalboard, but I also use the 1Spot + daisy chain to power my ISP Decimator pedal, Planet Waves tuner pedal, and ART X-15 MIDI foot-controller. Works pretty well for the price.

Latest posts

Back