Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine!

original.jpg

JCDenton6 said:
fretout said:
Here's my current battery of amps...

ee4625b5.jpg

:shock: That is a sick collection of boogies good sir!

Especially the blackfaces, which revision is the top-most blackface?

Thanks man!

The top Blackface is a Revision D. It's all the same spec as the "pre-500" Duals...

Mister Joshua said:
This is my pre mesa rig. I'll update this after i make the changes.
DSCN0348.jpg

My hope is to one day replace both RM4's and one of the RT2/50's with a triaxis.

Peace, Joshua

Nice. Where did you get the stickers for your your G-system (MXR, EVH, TC, etc.) Did you make them yourself?

My current rig...
nothing really fancy or special....serves my needs and covers all I can possibly think of....takes me into my personal tone heaven each time I plug in....
Rig2011-1-2.jpg

Morbid said:
Here's my setup :)

Rig-2011-1xs.jpg

Rig-2011-2xs.jpg

Is that DBX in the rack a compressor,limiter/gate? For a long time I'm planning to use something similar in my setup but never tryed one. Is that pluged on the amp FX-Loop? What are your opinion on that gear on a guitar amp (I use to see it in studios)? By the way, nice rig, very clean and neat, I hope to buy a GCX router/ground control soon to make a similar "clean" rig. To bad axxess electronics went down on business, they were a good company!

Just finished building my new rig / rack:
Carvin Quad X-Amp preamp paired with t.c. electronic G- Major into a 2:90 and 2 Mesa Thiele design road ready cabs loaded with EVM12L.
Also a Korg tuner, a master on/off panel and a 3U rack drawer.
Rack itself consist of 2 x 5U racks which i can separate so i don't need to carry the heavy amp, only if there is no amp where I'm playing.

The pedal board is Ernie ball vol pedal, VoodooLab GCP Ibanez tuner and Ibanez weeping demon WAH which is one of the best WAH I have ever had (and I had a bunch).
I also carry an HD500 for rehearsals when I don’t want to carry the back crusher (big rig).

2011-09-29134344.jpg

2011-09-29134322.jpg

2011-09-29134233.jpg

hey all, just thought id post my rig, as its finally completed in all its brutal glory

Melbourne-20110930-00094.jpg

From the top - down

Shure wireless kit
Mesa boogie Mark III simulclass coliseum
Mesa vintage 4 by 12 slant
Mesa vintage 4 by 12 straight
Gibson Flying V
TC electronic G system
Boss MetalCore (in the loop)
Vox wah

Theres not much this rig cant do, and it does it at volume, measured 127.7 dB(A) at master volume 4.

Comments? Thanks for looking, Mason

im trying to get something that resembles richard kruspe of Rammstein's tone. just trying to use it to get a bit of extra snarl in there when needed, without having 6 rectifiers. also does down tuned korn very well. having said that, it doesnt get used very much, the mark III does just about every thing i need for gain

Xtravigent said:
im trying to get something that resembles richard kruspe of Rammstein's tone. just trying to use it to get a bit of extra snarl in there when needed, without having 6 rectifiers. also does down tuned korn very well. having said that, it doesnt get used very much, the mark III does just about every thing i need for gain

Hmmm.

Years ago I sold my Recto and Mark III for a couple of Orange amps to do the low gain/high volume thing. After awhile I began to jones for high gain tones again and bought the Metal Core hoping it would hold me over. I was so disappointed in it that I traded one of my amps for another Dual Recto.

I still have the Metal Core, although I haven't used it in a few years. I'd sell it, but I'd feel sorry for the dude I sold it to.

Still, I think it's cool when someone else succeeds where I've failed... so if you're getting great tones out of it then I think that's awesome.

Sweet rig... nice pic!

I would think the coliseum and the C+ could give you all the gain you need. Can you get the same tones with EQ knobs as you can with the metal core?

scott

ah, i should update my thing actually, ive sold the iiC+, sacraligious as it may seem, i prefer the mark iii. And i have far from succeeded with the metal core. Early on in the peice, with the iic+, i was kinda happy with some of the 'heavy' tone i was getting, but i have a lot of work to do to get it right in this curent setup. As so many have done before me, i primarily go for the 'hetfield' tone, and the mark iii dominates that on its own, more so even than the iiC+ (i think the addition of the GEQ accounts for that). I have come to the realisation that i wont be able to do rammstein without a wall of recto's and a bass player pumping about 2000W's, so the metal core might go soon. I will persist a little longer....

My current rig Mesa Boogie Mark V TC Electronic G Major Maxon OD808 Morley Wah Bad horsie 2 Sonic Stomp Maximizer Boss NS2 Ground Control Pro PRS Custom 24 PRS Studio

309110_2203654205813_1081092793_31990608_1784679110_n-1.jpg

Picked up a few new guitars prepping for tour/recording -

BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic (neck-thru body, Rockfield Mafia pickups)

2011 Gibson Les Paul Traditional (57 Classic in neck/57 Classic Plus in bridge - non-chambered body!)

340419_10150353652436728_535986727_8169902_1461406805_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back