Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boof said:
visualrocker69 said:
??Triaxis?2:90???????Ecstasy?????
Bogner????Mesa??????? :wink:

Small world, isn't it? :lol:

haha yeah... indeed. I'm also digging the XTC allot more than the Triaxis.
Did you notice the Fish are now being sold this week in Japan?

Hmmm... limited run of what, 75? How many units do you think made it to Japan?

There's one guy I DEFINATELY hope gets his hands on one... Adachi Yuji, from the 80's band Dead End, currently working with Kawamura Ryuichi. I don't know if you've heard of him, but he's a hell of a guitarist. Kinda hmmm... essence of Richie Blackmore's spirit and spontaneity fused with EVH riffs and a smidgeon of Eric Johnson-esque legato character to the fluidity of his leads.

Not that he NEEDS a Fish... he's got a Soldano X99 (the motorized knobs thing) through a VHT power amp into two Bogner 4x12's. Quite a rig, haha. But it would still be nice to see a Fish in his hands 8)

visualrocker69 said:
boof said:
visualrocker69 said:
??Triaxis?2:90???????Ecstasy?????
Bogner????Mesa??????? :wink:

Small world, isn't it? :lol:

haha yeah... indeed. I'm also digging the XTC allot more than the Triaxis.
Did you notice the Fish are now being sold this week in Japan?

Hmmm... limited run of what, 75? How many units do you think made it to Japan?

There's one guy I DEFINATELY hope gets his hands on one... Adachi Yuji, from the 80's band Dead End, currently working with Kawamura Ryuichi. I don't know if you've heard of him, but he's a hell of a guitarist. Kinda hmmm... essence of Richie Blackmore's spirit and spontaneity fused with EVH riffs and a smidgeon of Eric Johnson-esque legato character to the fluidity of his leads.

Not that he NEEDS a Fish... he's got a Soldano X99 (the motorized knobs thing) through a VHT power amp into two Bogner 4x12's. Quite a rig, haha. But it would still be nice to see a Fish in his hands 8)

30 made it to Japan out of a run of 100 is what I heard. I think that Taka from Musette kept a few for himself, At least two were at Ikeba (sold the same day) one is at a place in aiichi ken (on hold and as good as sold) I heard that Musette might have one left.

I loved dead end when i was in uni!. I listened to them all the time back in the day. I still have zero, shambara, and ghost of romance somewhere in my cd collection.

boof said:
30 made it to Japan out of a run of 100 is what I heard. I think that Taka from Musette kept a few for himself, At least two were at Ikeba (sold the same day) one is at a place in aiichi ken (on hold and as good as sold) I heard that Musette might have one left.

I loved dead end when i was in uni!. I listened to them all the time back in the day. I still have zero, shambara, and ghost of romance somewhere in my cd collection.

Duuuude, that is totally awesome! If you use AIM or MSN or something, can I add you? :D

Mark Fore said:
Since you asked, here are a few close-ups... :)

Brazilian Quilt Limited Edition Custom 22 (#457) in Ruby Red:
DSC00710.jpg

Modern Eagle I in Yellow Tiger with solid Brazilian Rosewood neck:
DSC00706.jpg

A lawsuit PRS Singlecut 10 Top:
DSC00718.jpg

Santana III 10 Top in Natural:
DSC00711.jpg

Santana III 10 Top in Orange:
DSC00708.jpg

McCarty from 1996 in Natural. This is not a 10 Top, but has a great flame... and Gold hardware:
DSC00707.jpg

And a pair of Gibson '59 Reissues that I hand-picked the tops for at the custom shop. The Brock Burst (darker one) is #59 from 2006 and the lighter Stanley Burst is #57 from the same year. I chose the finishes out of the Beauty of the Burst book. The picture of the raw wood blank behind the Brock Burst is of that top before it was cut:
DSC00014.jpg

Thanks for the close ups of what can only be described as a choice selection of premium instruments.... a very fine collection indeed!

Oh yeah... needless to say I am drooling with some serious envy right now... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Boof~

Your rigs look killer, and judging by the gear, I'm sure they sound as good as they look. I like the idea of breaking down the racks into two 8 spacers instead of a single 16 space. Much more practical that way IMO. My 16 space is such a beast to move, especially with the 50 pound Strategy 500 amp. I may do the same sometime.

Strategy500 said:
Boof~

Your rigs look killer, and judging by the gear, I'm sure they sound as good as they look. I like the idea of breaking down the racks into two 8 spacers instead of a single 16 space. Much more practical that way IMO. My 16 space is such a beast to move, especially with the 50 pound Strategy 500 amp. I may do the same sometime.

thanks. It sounds pretty good. I have never done a wet dry wet set up before so Im spending time playing around getting used to it and screwing around with new settings and kill dry on the g force and stuff like that.

It wasn't by choice to use two 8 Us really. it was due to space. As you can see from the pic below I have about 1 cm clearance between the rack and the desk. that is why I went with 2 8 U racks.
Using two racks is more difficult to manage. Simply trying to move them in unison without pulling out the cables connecting the two racks is a pain. Putting them back under the desk having to be careful not to try and not roll over the wires in the back that go between the two racks, If I had the space I think I might have gone with one 16 U rack.

313w1279edsmall.jpg

visualrocker69 said:
boof said:

Duuuude, that is totally awesome! If you use AIM or MSN or something, can I add you? :D

Sorry I don't use any messengers

boof, man, that is pure, unadulterated badass. My God. Looks amazing!

Oh my god, reading through this thread makes me wish i had money... :D

Heres my modest rig: and a shot of my jem :D

alright hopefully the picture wont get messed up again.

:x

YES it worked!

believe it or not, steve vai isnt really my idol haha, even though i have a jem and a bad horsie wah

Hey LTE, how do you like the Bad Horsie? I'm not a Vai fan at all, but it looks like a nice wah.

Machine Gun said:
Hey LTE, how do you like the Bad Horsie? I'm not a Vai fan at all, but it looks like a nice wah.

Its great if you cant stand normal wah style click on and click off.

That why i got it, you simply step on to use it and step off to not, the delay is MINISCULE too.

And the contour setting is cool, because you basically have two wahs, when its off, it is Vai's setting, good for high gain lead stuff, and then you switch it to contour one that you can alter with the level and contour knobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back