Post your pedalboard

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phyrexia said:
Lots of boss pedals in here :)

Yes, I do have a lot of Boss effects as well as MXR, MOOG, Marshall, Fulltone, Radial Engineering and t.c. electronic.
I really do like most of the Boss products and provide me with exactly what I am looking for in terms of sound and quality. I think Boss has gotten a bad rep over the years as for as being a real contender in the effects market. I've been using them since the early '70's and have had no complaints. Do they make some really weak units as well? Sure they do and so do the ohter more fashionable names today. I also use a couple of Roland amps which have performed extreemely well for what they are designed to be.
There is a great article in the lastest GP on effects. True Bypass is not all that it is cracked up to be. Buffering can be a benefit in terms of mataining good signal strength. The latest Carl Martin Octaswitch was built with this in mind and has a buffering switch built in.
I use Boss because for the most part I llike their product.
I didn't intend to get on my soap box about them but since you noticed I thougt I would offer up my opinion on them. So there you have it.

IMG_0746colored.jpg

right now I have this pedal board in upheaval. I have shortened my PW cables and streamlined my board

It goes as follows

Guitar to Tuner, Wah pedal, Bi Chorus.....
Furman pedalboard FX Loop ....Digitech Whammy to Boss Tremelo
Roadking loop - Eventide timefactor

I use monster cable prolink cables

Wanna step up to George L's for my pedalboard

pedalboard002-1.jpg

Keeley modded Tremolo, Rat, and Chorus
CMATMODS Modded EQ
Budda Wah
Roland GR-20 Synth
Furman Board

Here's my latest update to my smaller board. For a couple of years, I've been saying that I could use nothing but HomeBrew Electronics pedals and be happy. At the end of December, I put my money where my mouth was and built a board using nothing but HomeBrew Electronics pedals. The only non-HBE device (besides the Pedal Power and Boss tuner, natch') is the black box on the far right, one of my own Pedalboard Junction creations. That particular connection box is for AB/Y functionality. I use it to intonate guitars after string changes. Since I use this board to test all the pedals I build for sale, that box' position is always changing.

board09.jpg

The signal path flows as follows from the black box:

CPR compressor > UFO fuzz/octave > Medicine Bawl wah > Germania treble booster > Psilocybe phaser > ParaDrive overdrive/boost

CHUCKSPEDALS.jpg

tHAT taped up looking ghetto ball is a regular 2 pronged short extension cord and a Hosa adapter for the Whammy, I will take advice on what else to do with the AC on my pedal board but I'd rather not get a Brick AC distro, but rather a very short ac extension...if anyone knows anything I dont please advise.

IMG_5298.jpg

I like to keep things pretty simple. If I need a bunch of pedals to get my tone, I have the wrong amp :wink:

What's with the sudden anti-pedal movement on a pedalboard page? I can go straight into the amp anytime and cut heaps of the mustard. I just happen to like and play all types of music. Don't hate the playa, hate the game, yo ~

I like to keep things pretty simple. If I need a bunch of pedals to get my tone, I have the wrong amp :wink:[/quote]

Ah but what if "your tone" should be that of many textures, colors and multiple layers of sonic modulation hmmmm????? Then one should require a plethora of effects to attain such bliss yes??? Indeed....
:wink:

Dusty Rhodes said:
I like to keep things pretty simple. If I need a bunch of pedals to get my tone, I have the wrong amp :wink:

Ah but what if "your tone" should be that of many textures, colors and multiple layers of sonic modulation hmmmm????? Then one should require a plethora of effects to attain such bliss yes??? Indeed....
:wink:[/quote]

Totally disagree with the "if I need a bunch of pedals / wrong amp" comment.

My Stiletto is a great foundation. The only pedal on my board that stays on 100% is the Klon (set with Gain off)...just adds depth. The rest just add to my tone for certain applications. The amp stays set more or less in Channel 1 Crunch. The pedals add to my tone.

If you were referring to sticking a modeling pedal into the Mesa I might be inclined to agree but in my case the foundation is the combination of Stileto+ Celestion Heritage G12H's. The rest is icing on the cake.

You guys are getting all bent out of shape about nothing. If an amp and a bunch of FX is your sound, then it's your sound. No need to get defensive about it.

screamingdaisy said:
You guys are getting all bent out of shape about nothing. If an amp and a bunch of FX is your sound, then it's your sound. No need to get defensive about it.

Chill. 8) It's not "bent out of shape" it's called an opinion. You've apparantly done that on this forum before and even checked yourself later for "venting".

My opinion is simply that it's a foolish statement to say that "if you need effects to define your tone, you have the wrong amp". Does the Edge of U2 have the "wrong amp" because of his Skrydstrup system, layered delays etc? After 30+ years of playing I get amused by people who boast about how "I only need the Godlike skills in my fingers and plug straight into my one-knob amp". Bottom line...to each his (her) own. I could go on but I think I made my point.

Latest posts

Back