Pics of my baby....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

settecorde76

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
These are some pics of my Boogie....enjoy! :D

Boogie_5.jpg

Boogie_6.jpg

Boogie_7.jpg

Boogie_12.jpg

rabies said:
that's the same exact speaker in my mesa halfback 412. sick speaker huh? great clean headroom with the high wattage.

Yes, the speaker is great but it sounds better in a closed cab than in a combo like the IIC. So, I suppose that your halfback could be a real monster cab! :wink:

merendina said:
Hi Fabrizio! how you feel?

I saw the tranny switch set to 220v. Try to set at 240v to achieve a smoother sound on your mkiic.

That switch would make me paranoid! Cool amp...

merendina said:

I saw the tranny switch set to 220v. Try to set at 240v to achieve a smoother sound on your mkiic.

I'm fine, thanks! And you?
Now my Mark lies at Andrea's workshop because he's making the new parallel fx loop, as I told you a few weeks ago...I'll let you know as soon as Andrea ends all the loop.
Mmmm...are you sure about setting the tranny switch at 240v? May I damage something or not? What's the difference about the tone? :?: :?:

Hi just hoping to pick your brains, recently bought lovely little subway blues awesome amp! Wondered if you could perhaps advise me on ext cab if poss. Would like for now to add 1x12 cab to it and wondered on what ohms id need as regards speaker and how critical it is as i see you run ext cab yourself so was hoping for some pointers maybe a 2x12 what would you suggest. Thanks in advance.

oldiron1968 said:
Hi just hoping to pick your brains, recently bought lovely little subway blues awesome amp! Wondered if you could perhaps advise me on ext cab if poss. Would like for now to add 1x12 cab to it and wondered on what ohms id need as regards speaker and how critical it is as i see you run ext cab yourself so was hoping for some pointers maybe a 2x12 what would you suggest. Thanks in advance.

Well...I don't like the overdriven sound of my IIC matched with his Black Shadow (however the clean sound is punchy and clear with it!), so I prefer to run the amp with an external and closed back cab...I mostly used a simple Marshall 1960A and that cab was very good when I played metal; but a 4X12 is very heavy and unhandy, so I decided to choice a 2X12. Now I have an ADA Splitstack and it fits all my needs; yes, it has less punch than a 4X12 but my metal era is gone, so.... :lol:
Anyway....I think that a Mesa combo amp, like mine or yours, sounds better with an external cab; you may try a 2X12 like a Marshall 1922 (or, better, a 1936) or a Framus with Vintage 30 inside. But if you like the sound of your Subway with his loudspeaker, then you can try to add a 1X12 cab like a Mesa or many others; it also depends on your style of playing or your music choices (and your budget!)! That's what I think... :wink:

settecorde76 said:
merendina said:

I'm fine, thanks! And you?
Now my Mark lies at Andrea's workshop because he's making the new parallel fx loop, as I told you a few weeks ago...I'll let you know as soon as Andrea ends all the loop.
Mmmm...are you sure about setting the tranny switch at 240v? May I damage something or not? What's the difference about the tone? :?: :?:

should to be smoother than 220V setting.

Back