Package stolen from my door step

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
So I ordered some cables from Musicians Friend and got home from class tonight to see nothing on my door step and the tracking indicated that the package had been delivered and left at the doorstep. So some person walked up and stole my cables, 4 8" patch cables. WTF!!!!! It's too late to call the cops now. I'm so pissed off!!!

yeah, I know. Thankfully Musicians Friend has been great about it and are sending more cables. I have already reported it to the police via an online form.

The only part that scares me the most is that tomorrow and Friday I have two more packages coming full of computer parts for my new project computer. Not cheap!

It's sad but I'm about 90% sure that I can nail it down to who did it. My new neighbors who just happen to be students at the college I work at. I have had stuff sit at my doorstep before and nothing ever happened. These neighbors moved in about 2 weeks ago.

I rang their doorbell to see if they saw anything and they didn't answer their door, even thought their cars were in their parking spots.

I'm glad I'm not losing any money out of this thanks to Musicians Friend (which my opinion of has changed alot since the last time I dealt with them) but I'm the kind of person that think vindication and justice are extremely important.

I left a note on their door to let me know if they did see anything and that I had already brought the police in on it.

Seriously, I am having to control myself right now a lot.

I do not get angry. Any people that know me in person know that I have tons of patience but this has got my goat!

The audacity for some idiot to steal 4 patch cables!!!!!

WTF are they going to do with them? Try to pawn them and get hardly any money out of them.

I will definitely be watching CL and ebay though to see if who ever it was is smart enough to put them up there and stupid enough to think they can get away with it.

Wow, I don't think I have ever been this mad in my life!!! lol

I'm going to drink some Woodchuck and try to calm down.

Seriously, I want to leave another package out there filled with just packing peanuts and put a camera on it. I might be calling in tomorrow from work to do this! lol

That really really sucks.

If I were you I would put a decoy box out there and see who walks off with it. Get it on film or take pics.

Stealing mail is a federal offense!

Turumbar82 said:
WTF are they going to do with them? Try to pawn them and get hardly any money out of them.
Most of the times, the thieves will just trash things they dont know anything about. In this case, looks like the kids did that for pure adrenaline rush and probably winning a bet or something. it has happened to me in the past and when it happened someone had actually signed for the package. I reported it and the shipper refunded my money. The police claim is just a waste of time IMO. When my car was broken in and my 200 cd's stolen, the police could care less when I called them. They're so understaffed they really dont have the people to look into theft. If you're lucky, your package will turn up. Sometimes UPS guys will drop off a package at the wrong doorstep and mark it delivered.

emperor_black said:
Turumbar82 said:
Most of the times, the thieves will just trash things they dont know anything about. In this case, looks like the kids did that for pure adrenaline rush and probably winning a bet or something. it has happened to me in the past and when it happened someone had actually signed for the package. I reported it and the shipper refunded my money. The police claim is just a waste of time IMO. When my car was broken in and my 200 cd's stolen, the police could care less when I called them. They're so understaffed they really dont have the people to look into theft. If you're lucky, your package will turn up. Sometimes UPS guys will drop off a package at the wrong doorstep and mark it delivered.

You know you make a good point about it probably being kids in the neighborhood. A few months ago on multiple occassions all the light fixtures in our hallways were being broken. Sounds like something young stupid kids would do

MusicManJP6 said:
That really sucks, dude. But, at least it was only some patch cables. Hopefully it won't happen again.

yeah, I know. I'm actually staying home from work today because I have a package coming today full of parts for a computer I'm putting together. I'm not about to have this one stolen.

You know sometimes the idea of becoming a masked vigilante seems so necessary! lol

You could leave a decoy package with some kind of booby trap; like the ink bomb they put in bags of money! :lol:

Seriously, I'd ask a lawyer before trying it....you'd probably end up liable for damage even if they were tryng to steal from you!! :evil:
This world gets more f&#%'d up everyday! :shock:

Good chance it was just kids whose parents don't have what it takes to teach 'em right from wrong!
And it would be a shame if your new neighbors turned out to be innocent. :(

I wish you luck! :)

This is why I have my packages delivered to my work so they are in my hands and I can sign for them. If your boss is a douche and wont let you do this then have them delivered to the post office or ups hub and pick them up after work. Good luck Detective! Hope the ******* falls sphincter-first onto a rusty rambo knife. :cry:

Old BF Shred said:
ryjan said:
Hope the ******* falls sphincter-first onto a rusty rambo knife. :cry:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
THAT HURTS JUST READING ABOUT IT!!! :p :evil: :evil:

Yike!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

I know, wow ryan you have a vividly disgusting imagination...I like it!!!

Turumbar82 said:
Old BF Shred said:
ryjan said:
Hope the ******* falls sphincter-first onto a rusty rambo knife. :cry:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
THAT HURTS JUST READING ABOUT IT!!! :p :evil: :evil:

Yike!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

I know, wow ryan you have a vividly disgusting imagination...I like it!!!
Well, that s.o.b. deserves every inch of it. Dont steal another man's guitar equipment. :evil:
My methods may be unconventional but admit it, you all want a guy like me watching your sh!t durring set breaks. 8)

Lord of Karma
THe Golden Rule
what goes around comes around

Whatever happen to living by these standards

Yeah and it pisses me off when people say to Me "Deac you are to idealistic sometimes man"

then I say
"well if I wasn't and didn't emotionally feel idealistic sometimes, then all of this acquired sinicism would have drove me bonkers long ago" :)

Latest posts

Back