original IIC+ , upgraded IIC+ ????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzdarkside

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Original C+ and the Upgraded C+ ?
(besides your own emotional value of factory made)

The upgrade will probably have the 100 power transformer, while most of the originals will have the 105 power transformer. The 105 PT is said to be a bit more aggressive than the 100 PT which should be smoother. The face plates will also show a slight variation, although it's only cosmetic. Where the original says "pull deep", the upgrade will say "gain boost" (over the Master 1 knob).

There may be other differences as well. Maybe this thread can answer most of your questions: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18184

Ask the man himself (Mike B) and he will tell you "there is no difference".
Aside from the "pull boost" instead of "pull deep" there isn't a difference.
For example the Mark IIC uses the RP10 preamp board and the factory uses the RP11.
After Mike upgrades the RP10 board it's the same configuration as the RP11.
The only difference you will feel is the lack of the additional cash you don't have because you have the factory instead the upgrade.
If you want a C+ the upgraded C's are the best bargain you can find. Unless you just like paying more for the same thing.

I concur.

The man himself (Mike Bendinelli) says "there is no difference".
Also, when you are talking about export transformers, there is no difference between the X101 "upgraded C" and the X101 "factory C+" :lol:

Keep the cash.

I got the call from Mike B. last tuesday that my IIC+ was ready for shipping back to me. I hope to have it back by wednesday! He left a 2 minute message on my voice mail about what he did. Mine is # 1212* and it came from the factory with the RP11A board. He did the + upgrade ($400) plus changed the caps, and any other resistors that they changed the values for over the years. With shipping, a NOS "Boogie" logo plate, fan cord, new ceramic 6L6 sockets, rebuilt pots, cleaned everything ($237. shipped)... So, I'll have a pretty much perfect Mark IIC+ HRG that Mike B. totally restored for under $1500. So sending that IIC back to the factory isn't so bad at all. Mike B. is the greatest... he'll talk with you about whatever, and will help you get the tone you are looking for.

scott

zodiac272 said:
I got the call from Mike B. last tuesday that my IIC+ was ready for shipping back to me. I hope to have it back by wednesday! He left a 2 minute message on my voice mail about what he did. Mine is # 1212* and it came from the factory with the RP11A board. He did the + upgrade ($400) plus changed the caps, and any other resistors that they changed the values for over the years. With shipping, a NOS "Boogie" logo plate, fan cord, new ceramic 6L6 sockets, rebuilt pots, cleaned everything ($237. shipped)... So, I'll have a pretty much perfect Mark IIC+ HRG that Mike B. totally restored for under $1500. So sending that IIC back to the factory isn't so bad at all. Mike B. is the greatest... he'll talk with you about whatever, and will help you get the tone you are looking for.

scott

You are in for a threat

I had a upgraded c+ simul class (upgraded in 2006) with the 100 Power tranny , i also whent out and bourght the orgnial mesa/sylvania 415/416 tubes and that thing blew me away, compared it back to back with a dual recto black face , and the c+ was on a diffrent plane, so loud and orgasmicly dynamic and furious.

I loved it so much that i sold it and everything else , and whent for a c+ long head, its in customes now, but il hopefully get it here wensday after i have payed customs first thing monday morning , and im basicly like a littel kid before christmas.

You have a really nice experince wating in the nere future , the c+ in all its forms are special end of story :wink:

Ha... you too! I saw that long head you are getting. I'm sure its probably a simul-class. I'm sure it's hard to wait for customs.

soon we'll be very happy

scott

zodiac272 said:
Ha... you too! I saw that long head you are getting. I'm sure its probably a simul-class. I'm sure it's hard to wait for customs.

soon we'll be very happy

scott

yep the freaking waiting time is killing me, seriously :lol:

Latest posts

Back