nomad cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad100hd

Reaction score
So what cabs do you guys normally run your nomads with? I normally use a 2x12 recto cab, Recently tried a very old music man 2x12 folded horn type cab with EV EVM-12L's. Completely different amp with less aggression There was something wrong with the highest frequencies kind of raspy hairy sounds i couldn't bond with. Only heard those after playing the cab for an hr or more. I have a feeling the speakers were wore out. When i used both te 2x12 recto and 2x12 music man it sounded huge, but the hair was still there.

Well, I just bought a Recto 2X12 to go with my Roadster head, but I have not tried it yet with the Nomad. I have a combo, and I have played the Roadster through the Black Shadows. The clean channel sounded great with the open back cab. I will try the Nomad through the Recto and let you know what I think. I would also like to try the Nomad through some kind of Mark series cab.

when i first got the cab i played it thru a marshall VS412 and it was massive! however so was the physical space and it was a huge pain to move. then i tried it through a 1x12 with a celestion vintage 30 and it had more definition but would kinda limit the bass so you had to back off on the bass knob. then i bought a recto 2x12 and its really nice. i havent been able to crank it but i think itll sound especially good then. plus i heard mesa heads are designed specifically for mesa cabs

my 2x12 recto blows away most 4x12 i've heard. You can get a good sound from a 1x12 but it has to be the right cab, and probably ported. The thing i like about a 1x12 is that you can get better tones at lower volume. I have a 1x12 open back tubeworks cab sound great clean and lower gain settings gain around 10 o'clock. If i close the back it sounds boxy.

Latest posts

Back