Newbie can use pricing help on a Blue Angel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrxplayer

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here.

I'm looking at a used Blue Angel head. It's in very nice shape. It also has custom blue tolex, custom wheat grill, and a custom blue jewel light, all original. I'm told these add to the value of the amp.

I'd appreciate knowing what the range is on pricing of these heads. I'm in the states if that matters.

Thanks.

All that blue cosmetic stuff was standard on that amp. I doubt you could find one without the blue jewel, blue tolex, and wheat grill.
They are scarce because they're no longer made, but the main criteria should be the condition, and the sound. Scrapes, dents, tearing, fraying, noise, hum, all affect value.
The head version might be worth more to some, being a bit more rare.
I'd guess $600-$700 tops.

The blue (opal, not jewel) light is standard; the wheat grille is a standard option; not sure about the blue tolex but I think it was an option. Most I've seen (including mine) were smooth black tolex/wheat grille, but I've also definitely seen black/black. Never seen a blue one in person but have seen pics.

The "custom" thing sounds like seller's hype...

The 1x12" combo is the most common; the head and the 4x10" probably about equal, rarer but not "rare", and the 2x10" combo might be "rare".

i have looked into these amps a good deal when i was looking for a nice 'clean' amp, and i will say that the sound of these amps is FANTASTIC. as mentioned above, all the features came standard on the amp. i saw one go on ebay a few weeks ago for 530+shipping. if its in perfect condition and all original than i would say 700 tops.

Latest posts

Back