New to the Boogie board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70 Cam Guy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I didn't see an 'introduce yourself' section so I'll go ahead and say Hi!

I've been a proud owner of a Tremoverb head for a few years now and got back into my guitars a month or 2 ago. Until then, it was about 5 years since I played with any regularity. I still am getting back into the swing of things but also venturing into recording. I've never been all that good but I do like recording because it exposes weaknesses, and forces you to step up your game. I also tend to come up with a riff that I like, and without fail, have totally forgotten it the next day.

Reading the board, I never really knew about the revisions and build dates. A couple weeks ago I got the courage to pull my chassis and check my tverb's birthday.
Built in 6/94
The circuit board shows RR-1E. I think this means rev E, but I also read the Tremoverbs were all Rev G, so I don't know.
Serial is R-004xxx and has connected power cord. The transformers all seem to start with EIA and it's a parallel loop.

Anyway, regardless of revision or age, I love this amp. I love it even more now because I recently discovered the blues channel. I never was able to dial in the tone with it before but I basically have the gain dialed wayyy off, and am loving it. I am running vintage high gain on the orange channel, and blues on the red channel. Feels like I rediscovered this amp after years of ownership

Orange Vintage High gain. My Jackson tuned D-standard > Fulltone OCD boosting > amp > hot plate > recto 212
For me, I love the rectifier grind and palm mutes that are like a kick in the chest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzXDX1h8hyk&hd=1
mic's are SM57 and Nady RSM-4... still dialing in the positioning but it's really getting there. I LOVE the palm mutes :mrgreen:

Red Blues channel. Epiphone LP Elite (some may remember the MF blowout years ago) > Fulltone OCD about 1:30 > amp, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXw5lFF4RE&hd=1
I love the crunch and how well it cleans up. Also love how dirty it gets with the pedal. What a fun channel to play and versatile

Photography and cars are my other hobbies... I need cheaper hobbies! :lol:

6808908474_3b0d592110_z.jpg

by AYates Photos, on Flickr

6955018409_90526d8e07_z.jpg

Welcome to the board! Great videos and a Sweet collection as well :D
When checking the board revision, you would look for the code right under the 4 blue caps (be careful not to touch them, high voltage)
It should read "RF-1G" unless you have a unique tremoverb :shock:

Thanks guys for the nice welcome! Owning a Dual Rectifier was a dream amp for me when I was looking for one. I wound up with the Tremoverb and still love it. Thing is, I listen to even heavier stuff than I used to, and my tastes for my own heavy tone haven't changed drastically at all. New to me is how much I enjoy the pushed cleans and blues/rock tones from the Mesa and the little Egnater. It took me a while to weed out the other guitars and try different things. I can get most any tones I'm looking for with what I have now. It's a strange feeling to not have guitar GAS for so long :shock:

Only thing is those Bareknuckle pickups tempt me for my Les Paul. Still, it's box stock pickups work really well. Very lively with good character if that makes sense

I have to admit I was pretty confused by my amp once I had it apart. It seems to be a big contradiction. Perhaps it's a frankenstein, modded at some point, or was a parts bin amp early on :?

Here's some more pics I just uploaded to flickr from when I dusted it off
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayates128/sets/72157629313131585/

6877049740_de36aa5170_z.jpg

7023149969_2a087acef7_z.jpg

7023149355_4cd0c96499_z.jpg

7023148819_64baac28d0_z.jpg

7023148455_0022232585_z.jpg

70 Cam Guy said:
Only thing is those Bareknuckle pickups tempt me for my Les Paul. Still, it's box stock pickups work really well. Very lively with good character if that makes sense

Les Paul Standard + Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells + Dual Recto = MASSIVE EPIC WIN! I know, I have a set in my lester. Since swapping the PUPs and Electronics, I have been enjoying the many shades of tones I can dial in by fiddling with the volume and tone controls on my guitar!

TremoJem said:
Love my Tremoverbs too.

How do you put pics in the post?

Thanks dude.

I'll start from the beginning for this. You first need to have your photo uploaded somewhere (flickr, picasa, photobucket, your own website, etc)

The image location will be the URL for it. In firefox you can right-click and view image info to see its location
eg: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6490950727_3b736c780d_z.jpg

In message board code you need to wrap it with image tags. Instead of "{", square brackets "["
{IMG}http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6490950727_3b736c780d_z.jpg{/IMG}
Note the second tag has the slash

So then you wind up with:
(you can see the code if you quote a post)
6490950727_3b736c780d_z.jpg

YellowJacket said:
Les Paul Standard + Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells + Dual Recto = MASSIVE EPIC WIN! I know, I have a set in my lester. Since swapping the PUPs and Electronics, I have been enjoying the many shades of tones I can dial in by fiddling with the volume and tone controls on my guitar!

Ohh man this is not helping! :lol:

I was thinking about a Nailbomb set.

Nailbomb would be perfect for the Bridge. I would be inclined to go with some more vintage for the neck though. Black Dog maybe?

What I like about the Rebel Yells is that they have a really tight low end which removes a lot of the boomy quality associated with a Les Paul.

YellowJacket said:
Nailbomb would be perfect for the Bridge. I would be inclined to go with some more vintage for the neck though. Black Dog maybe?

What I like about the Rebel Yells is that they have a really tight low end which removes a lot of the boomy quality associated with a Les Paul.

Great point, I hadn't even thought about that. I actually really like the stock neck pickup so a more vintage voiced neck may be more suitable like you say. The stock pickups if I recall, were supposed to be similar to 57 Classic's. Maybe I don't need to change the neck at all :? Then again, I really like their unique covers and would have to get a pair that matched :lol:

I'll have to stew on it a while. They are priced just high enough to make me hesitate

70 Cam Guy said:
I'll have to stew on it a while. They are priced just high enough to make me hesitate

Haha, my brother hassled me about wasting money on 'boootique pickups' until he tried my Les Paul. Then he promptly ordered himself a set for his G&L ASAT!!! :shock: :lol:

To hell with the amps, I want that brown car in the background! Nice way to tease us! What year is that?

JW123 said:
To hell with the amps, I want that brown car in the background! Nice way to tease us! What year is that?

lol thanks! It's my '73 Datsun 240Z

I've done coilovers, 4.88s LSD, RB20DET swap, hks turbo/actuator, front mount straight pipe, Porshe seats :mrgreen:

Soooooo much fun! Drove it around Buttonwillow last black Friday and last month it was on Speedhunters 8)
--50.JPG

5868123369_7a8ea913b8_z.jpg

glad to meet a fellow nssan/datsun/ recto fan. i used to run a 90 240 with a sr swap, tein coils, and 18" watanabes. and of course gutted for the track. then i traded it for a 73 350 nova. now i think its time for another toy. maybe a datsun 240z?

Latest posts

Back