New to me Mark IIC Coliseum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneAddictJon

Reaction score
I'll post pictures and sound clips as soon as I have time. I haven't posted on here in a while but just picked the IIC Coliseum up and it sounds incredible. Trying to decide if I want to send it in for the + upgrade, but it sounds so good already it might take a while for me to get to it.

merendina said:
DONT CONVERT TO C+!! iT'S A COLLECTOR ITEM!! KEEP IT ORIGINAL. THE MK2C NOW ARE MORE RARE THAN C+
+1. Good to see you again, Jon! Looking forward to some of your high-quality sound clips with the IIC.

As an owner of a C and C+, I feel the voice of the C is not worth sacrificing for the C+. Of course, it really depends on your style of music (which often evolves with time). If it's the chugga-chug of metal you seek, the C+ might be the ticket. Searing leads: the C can do it, especially with good effects. For classic rock/powerful yet clear rhythm work, I consider the IIC Keith Richards in a box! The IIC is more organic to my ears, and lets the voice of the instrument shine through better. As you can tell from my signature, my tastes run to older vintage style instruments..no EMG's for me. So consider that when you read this.

As I've said here before, I originally bought my IIC thinking upgrade, but I dig it so much I won't do it. For my style of playing, if Heaven allowed me to bring only one amp, it would be the IIC. Now if it were Hell, it might be the C+ ! :wink:

dodger916 said:
if Heaven allowed me to bring only one amp, it would be the IIC. Now if it were Hell, it might be the C+ ! :wink:
haha, quoted for coolness :)

merendina said:
DONT CONVERT TO C+!! iT'S A COLLECTOR ITEM!! KEEP IT ORIGINAL. THE MK2C NOW ARE MORE RARE THAN C+

totally understand, but being a Coli C or C+, it is rare, regardless!!would like to know how many of the 86 are C's and C+'s
...serial number?..and congrats, I have a C+ Coli...a fun little mutha!

Been working and playing to much but I finally got some free time for me!! I found it in Portland and traded my F30 1x12 Combo with EV in it and an ESP LTD MH250NT for it. The reverb doesn't work on it currently but I never use reverb anyway, but I'll see if I can't get it working anyway. It sounds absolutely incredible and I really don't think I need the + upgrade, but I'm giving it a few months to let the honeymoon period fade and come to some real conclusions after plenty of hours have been put on it. I know it's rare and all, but that's never my concern when it comes to amps, it's all about the tone. For now it's doing it, but if I feel it's lacking and that the + mod will bring it up to what I want I'll send it in. Here's some pics until I have time to record some clips. Trying to come up with a name for her. She's #K365

CIMG1002.jpg

CIMG1003.jpg

CIMG1007.jpg

Excellent score Jon.

Try the 1 wire mod for the reverb, or a new tank as they're cheap enough for sure. Does it have a 3 position switch on the EQ, even though the faceplate shows a 2 position switch? "Lesterpaul" has s C+ that is equipped with one.

If you have a Les Paul, try an EQ curve/settings like is shown here on the MkIII Coliseum.

DSC03491.jpg

It has the 3 position rocker for the EQ. I'm definitely gonna mess with the reverb tomorrow. It's definitely loud, but I love it :twisted:

sweet..mine is k376-+1 on joey b.'s post-we had to replace verb tank in mine-got the long decay tank and it is the "deal"-always good to see that "limit" control :) .....whats the deal on the slave jack? looks like she has left the building

When my C+ is back in commision..I would possibly trade it for an UNMODDED IIC Collisium. No +. It's a fully loaded short chasis with everything but the Export Tranny. serial number: 13XXX. Original.

Latest posts

Back