New Roadster Fuse Problem? Ahhhhh!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindjazz

Reaction score
Anyone has had this happen to them. My 6 month old Mesa Roadster started making high pitching crackling noise today. So after about 5 mins of this it finally dies out in silence (no power). I check the fuse it's black so obviously needs a new fuse. I then put the new fuse in, but now channels 1,2,3, when switched on slowly dies out into crackling silence. While channel 4 works perfect hmmmmm????????

Grindjazz said:
Anyone has had this happen to them. My 6 month old Mesa Roadster started making high pitching crackling noise today. So after about 5 mins of this it finally dies out in silence (no power). I check the fuse it's black so obviously needs a new fuse. I then put the new fuse in, but now channels 1,2,3, when switched on slowly dies out into crackling silence. While channel 4 works perfect hmmmmm????????

Considering Channel 4 works, I would take it to tech for that one. Your still under warranty, right?

Yeah, a fuse blowing is not THE problem, but is an indication of a problem. The fuse is designed to blow, so more expensive components do not blow. Get thee to a tech!

Yea, I'll talk to Mesa tomorrow see what they say. It's still under 5 yr warranty, and under six months of owning it. So they might help me re tube it. channel 4 still works while other three channels 1-3 start, and then fizzle out to no sound at all??

Grindjazz said:
Yea, I'll talk to Mesa tomorrow see what they say. It's still under 5 yr warranty, and under six months of owning it. So they might help me re tube it. channel 4 still works while other three channels 1-3 start, and then fizzle out to no sound at all??

On the mesa website you can find the list of authorized repair places, if not Mesa can give them to you over the phone.

You should be able to bring it straight to an authorized repair station and have them do al the troubleshooting and give you your amp back good as new.

Called Mesa they said it sounds like a power tube failure, told my local authorized repair center, and he said it's most unusual problem he has heard about hmm? will find out within two weeks after I drop it off tomorrow

Latest posts

Back