New Old Amp Day: Quad

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garey Noble (MESA/Boogie)
Aug 13, 2020, 9:00 AM PDT

Hi John,

If the pots were changed it will oscillate with gain and ch2 master cranked up.

They thought it sounded right with the 10K master on ch 2, that is the reason ch2 is so much quieter.

You can turn the A and B output LVL knobs up and get more ch 2 and then turn ch 1 down.....
Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!

MESA Customer Service
Mesa/Boogie, Ltd.
1317 Ross Street | Petaluma, CA 94954 USA
www.mesaboogie.com

707-778-6565

Now that I know the reason, I can live with it but I do find it incredible that Boogie didn't rectify the "problem" and made the Quad preamp consumer ready with balanced outputs. Seems logical that the volumes would be at least in the same ballpark.

Wheres the 10k pot hes talking about? Oscillation was the exact term my tech used when explaining it to me... it really is unbelieveable it went out with that issue i agree.

Go to the 2nd last post in this thread... 13 yrs old

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7431

That last message from Mesa is just quoting the manual but the first one where he mentions 10k pot value is interesting... ive got the old parts my tech removed from mine ill go an look at them... we need someone with know how to look at that schematic... JD i think is around this stuff if you're reading this.

Back