New Mark V iHas Taken Over...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardr

Reaction score
the roost.
Just brought back the head from the store and did the following...
Set it up with the following cabs: Bogner Cube with Celestion Classic 80, Mesa Thiele EVM 1-12", and an Avatar Premier 212 with Celestion Classic 80's. It took on different characteristics with all three, especially in all 3 power modes (and EQ both in & out). Then it morphed into another realm when EL-34's were put in.
A Zion Fifty with SC's and a PRS Custom 24 were used in this inaugural "taste test" with the reverb used sparingly.
Bottom line: with a Stiletto Ace combo (212), Stiletto Deuce head, Mark III combo and other males/models of amps...the "V" is remarkable in it's capability. And that's just on a first impression.

guitardr said:
the roost.
Just brought back the head from the store and did the following...
Set it up with the following cabs: Bogner Cube with Celestion Classic 80, Mesa Thiele EVM 1-12", and an Avatar Premier 212 with Celestion Classic 80's. It took on different characteristics with all three, especially in all 3 power modes (and EQ both in & out). Then it morphed into another realm when EL-34's were put in.
A Zion Fifty with SC's and a PRS Custom 24 were used in this inaugural "taste test" with the reverb used sparingly.
Bottom line: with a Stiletto Ace combo (212), Stiletto Deuce head, Mark III combo and other males/models of amps...the "V" is remarkable in it's capability. And that's just on a first impression.

I wish I had all them speaker cabs. I used to be a sound tech at WGS speakers that played and tested all the speakers, and I know first had what different speakers can do for any amplifier. Some speakers make an amp sound totally different in good and some bad ways. I was wondering how your EVM 12" sounded alone with the V? Love them speakers.

I used the V and the Thiele 1-12" EVM in a small club, using the 45 watt setting on all 3 channels, with a H20 pedal for a touch of chorus/delay in the loop + a little reverb. Bottom line: it was sweet no matter what I did to it. I used the PRS 24 the whole night, and the clean setting on Channel 1 was warm & yet had presence. I used C-2 for a sweet sustain, and C-3 for a bit snarlier sound. It was really something, and I got many comps from folks.

Latest posts

Back