New mark V owner here.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nandrewjackson

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New mark V 90 combo owner here.
About 15 years ago I owned a mesa nomad 45 head, and shortly after that I had a solo rectifier 50 head. I didn't own them for very long.
Fast forward to 2022 and I've acquired a mark v 90 combo. It has a 2011 manufacture date. I don't know if it's had the diode problem/fix. It doesn't have any issues in any of the modes, or effects loop. I did pull the chassis to have a look around, and everything in there seems fine.

It had an eminence speaker in it when I got it, that's been replaced with a classic lead 80 now.
The eminence sounded ok, but I already had the CL80, so that was easy.

I'm surprised at how the ch3 distortion is responsive to different pickups. It really retains the character of vintage output pickups and responds greatly to modern ceramic magnet pickups.

Most high gain amps I've played don't retain that much of the pickup character.

🎛️🎧🎸😎✅✝️🎸🎧

Congrats! My channel 3 is pretty consistent, I use humbuckers in my guitars, I do have a slight difference between my Petrucci JP6 and my Les Paul. I usually bump the presence up a bit in my Les Paul, very quick fix for the darker tone the LP has. Cheers.

Back