new guitar to use with my nomad (big pics)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomadlover

Reaction score
well i recieved it yesterday from the ups guys. the originl pickups were dearmond special design pickups (the neck still is). the only reason the brdige pickup got replaced is because it wasn't making sound. at first we thought it was the toggle, but it wasn't. i think the correct term might be that it was microphonic (i know it's a tubes term but i think it works here as well). so they routed it for a humbucker and put a used gibby in there for free! 8) :D . it is the best guitar i've played in my life, period. it smokes all the gibbies and all the prs's (se) and the fenders etc i've played. the sound is perfect for me. the hum gives somewhere along the lines of acdc zeppelin area (as close as you can get with 6l6's). the bridge pickup clean with the tone on 8 or 5 ish gives a perfect blues sound (think b.b. king). the middle position is perfect for pretty much anything (not metal). it just depends on how you adjust the tone and volume controls. each pickup has a seperate vol and tone control. and putting one pickups vol higher than the other ones really makes the higher one stand out. the lower just adds more of a balancing type thing. channel 3 is totally unusable because of the high level of saturation and gain invloved. when you're not playing you get a nice big high pitched screech of feedback. this guitar is peferct for me. it costed me $75 because half the headstock fell off due to aging and that they glued half of it on.

let's see if you can guess what brand and model it is (i'll give a hint: it's 60's and budget, semi-hollow and came with de-armond special design p'ups. it was $75 and it's not harmony)

PICS!!
body pic:
100_2061.jpg
full shot:
100_2059.jpg

gibby p'up:
100_2060.jpg

dylan7620 said:
thats pretty cool man, what type of guitar is it?
GUESS! (it says so in the post)

after about 3 or 4 wrong guesses i'll tell you. it's a budget guitar from the 60's and the company that makes it is named a name that starts with a "B" and i think it's a side company of a company that has a name that starts with an "H". have fun!

ding, ding ding. it is a barclay rocket. plays like a charm. with the bucker position it sounds great. heck it sounds great in all positions depending on your settings. i quote a pal on the sd forums by saying: "my G.A.S. tank is empty, honest."

i'm probably putting 11's or tens on here just so they don't get out of tune so quickly with the vibrato, which i just fell in love with this guitar. it's sort of like a bigsby in looks but stays in tune really well (but probably not with 9-9.5's). i just don't know what string brand i want. normally i use eb's but i just don't know. i haven't tried d'darrios yet and that interests me.

Hey Nomadlover,

Try some D'Addario EXL110W's. They're 10's with a 3rd wound. They are warm and very harmonically pleasing.

Congrats on your guitar.

Brewski said:
Hey Nomadlover,

Try some D'Addario EXL110W's. They're 10's with a 3rd wound. They are warm and very harmonically pleasing.

Congrats on your guitar.
thx for the reccomendation

Brewski said:
Hey Nomadlover,

Congrats on your guitar.
holy jesus, these things rock! :shock: . i got the 11 version (the store was out of 10's) of this string and i will reccomend them to i might. nice raunchy dist. and a wonderful jazzy/bluesy clean, just like you said.

THX MAN!

Latest posts

Back