New Express owner checking in.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmontgomery

Reaction score
Well I'm back. I used to lurk here when I had my LSS. Just bought an Express 5:50 and look forward to reading thru the threads. May even jump in once in a while.

jmontgomery said:
Well I'm back. I used to lurk here when I had my LSS. Just bought an Express 5:50 and look forward to reading thru the threads. May even jump in once in a while.

Welcome to the Express club Jeff.
hope to see you become an active member here :mrgreen:

Same here...new Express 5:50 212 owner.
Been using MESA for a while now from my DC 10 to MARK IIC and now Express.

I bought one about a month ago and I absolutely LOVE it. My first Mesa, too.

The Express 5:50 is a great amp, a real work horse! Mine is my first Mesa and I've owned ot for 3-1/2 years.

Welcome folks, been here awhile but the 5:25 1x12 too was also my first and only Mesa amp.

Wolfboy1 said:
Welcome folks, been here awhile but the 5:25 1x12 too was also my first and only Mesa amp.

Thanks

Just finished talking to Mike B @ MESA for possible upgrade of my IIC.
Really nice guy funny too.

This is a fairly low-traffic forum but it's been real helpful for me, beyond just gushing over the Express 5:50 which I still adore. 8)

gem12 said:
Dang dude. You went from a IIC to an Express? Tell me all about it.

EtherealWidow said:
gem12 said:
Dang dude. You went from a IIC to an Express? Tell me all about it.

Well.. first off I am not a gigging musician and Mark IIC 60/100 watts is too loud for a bedroom amp.
It's not that I don't want it anymore it just too loud for me now,didn't felt this way when I bought it new
20+ yrs ago. So...this is why a got the Express, loving the 5 watts and perfect for my needs.
I talked to MB about getting the C+ upgrade and he said just bring it over and he'll do it.
Just waiting for the right time to personally drop it to him.
Here's some pics if you care to see.
http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/gem12_NEC/MESA%20MARK%20IIC/?albumview=slideshow

That's pretty cool man. I still kind of want a Mark for no real reason. My amp actually does more than I need it to. Glad to see the Express can appeal to "tone snobs" as well!

I just bought a 5:25 1x10 myself a few weeks ago. Sold my Rectoverb to by a new Les Paul :) . I am playing mine through a 2x12 horizontal Rectifier cab. I actually like the Express much more. Sounds great through my Recto cab.

Back