New Cab Day!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewEyesOpen

Reaction score
After much debate and consideration, I decided on a new cab a couple weeks ago. It came in late last week and when I got home from Spring Break I went to the store as soon as possible and pick this bad boy up. A Mesa/Boogie recto 2x12 cabinet. At $620.00, it's not a bad price. But, I scored it for $507.00. How? You ask? I traded in my Peavey XXL 4x12 cab and they gave me $140.00 for it, I've been shopping there for almost a decade probably and I have "a guy" who hooks me up. I have always been treated so well there (C.A. House Music in Parkersburg, West Virginia). He said when it came in he took it out of the box to inspect it, put it back in the box, called me and kept it off the floor. It still smells perfectly new! The sheer craftsman ship is completely clear in this cab. I can't wait to make some noise tomorrow with it, haha.

He also grabbed the only MXR carbon copy delay from the display case and put my name on it as I'm heading back down there later this week to pick it up for my birthday. :thu::)

Anyway, here are the pics!

001-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

008.jpg

*Also* I noticed my tubes in the back of my head looked odd, at least to me. I'm not sure if you can tell in these pictures, but the 3rd tube from the left looks like it isn't placed inside its "holder" completely. If you can tell, any advice on that? Is it something to be worried about?

009.jpg

010.jpg

Sweet setup!

You should be able to wiggle that tube in small circles while pushing down and seat it all the way like the others.

MusicManJP6 said:
Sweet setup!

You should be able to wiggle that tube in small circles while pushing down and seat it all the way like the others.

Thanks alot, dude!

and thanks for the tip on the tube. I was scared to touch it out of fear of being electricuted to death, haha.

I gave wiggling and pushing it in a try and it would barely move at all. I guess I'm just gonna leave it alone.

MusicManJP6 said:
NewEyesOpen said:
Got the tube fixed. horray. it was a snap to fix too.

What'd you have to do? Bend the tube retainers out a little?

I actually only had to push the tube forward a little bit and wiggle it back and forth. No bending the retainers at all.

Very, very nice! My new cab day will be coming soon. Still debating 2 2x12 or 1 4x12. I figure 2 2x12's will be easier to lug around.

Have fun!

TTSTWO said:
Very, very nice! My new cab day will be coming soon. Still debating 2 2x12 or 1 4x12. I figure 2 2x12's will be easier to lug around.

Have fun!

I debated the same issue for a while. It still sounds really huge, even as a 2x12.

TTSTWO said:

Have fun!

And you can go stereo with 2 2x12s if needed. :twisted:

Hey NewEyesOpen, I used to live in Parkersburg, WV and still have a lot of friends from college that live there now. I've shopped at CA Music House quite a bit before too, though I tended to buy all my Mesa gear back in the day from my buddies shop up in Bridgeport. Do you play in a band in the area?

I've owned several 2x12 recto cabs and I've never seen one with casters on it?!?

Did you special order it that way or did it come like that? Mesa doesn't include wheels on its 2x12s so I'm curious. I sold both of my 2x12s because they were so heavy and they did not have wheels. I got a 4x12 which is heavier but with the wheels its a breeze. I loved the sound of the 2x12 though.. :(

In my experience, bass response suffers when you use casters. Just FYI! I've not seen any 2x12 cabs with casters either...

Latest posts

Back