New 395 switchtrack poweramp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocki

Reaction score
Hi... I finally bought THE amp that made me go rack 12 years ago....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I played a VHT 2502 for a few years and im back at boogie now...

It sounds killer!

I played the VHT 2502 for a few years aand at one time I even had 2! They sounded great with the Egnater tol preamp andth CAE 3+.
Bruno Durand modded my CAE 3+ and told me the 2:90 was a better poweramp.... I never really tried the combination and I was happy with what I had.

One day I made the decision to sell the VHT 2502 and buy a 2:90... If it didnt work out I could always reverse and go back to the 2502...

The major differences are that the sound comes to lifemore and the balance with bass and presence is btter.
Ch2 sounds more like a Marshall and ch3 like a Boogie with a bit more grain. This amazing preamp lets you play modern Metal or 80s metalwith the same settings while only changing the stule of playing. You can go from jazz to country with the same settings while you change the pickup (bridge or neck). These differences are clearer with the 395 poweramp.

I had a 2:90 wich had problems and I didnt like the mids that much. This poweramp has a better balance and reminds me of my old Mark IV's

The VHT had another balance for bass mid and treble and th presence didnt do what this poweramp does.

Overal is just suits my needs and playing. The whole set sounds more 3d now and is better balanced to my needs.

I had the same feeling when I playd a Bogner cab. Is sounded great but after a while all the low end didnt do it for me. If felt warm but after all it was just different and flubby.That ame feeling is there when I use JJ tubes. At first they sound differrent and warmer but after a month I'm turning the knobs to find a better sound. Changing back to the old tubes does the trick!

180.jpg
Ive had the best luck w/ these poweramps..after owning other vht and mesa poweramps..

Good god, that's like three grand worth of amplification right there. You could knock down buildings with that.

Somethings where changed totday...

Went from 10units to 8 units...

Does anyone know if I can use only half of the Poweramp safely without any load?

I only ever used one side of my 395 (that was the main reason I got rid of it in favor of a Mark III, actually). It's fine as long as you never take the side you're not using off standby. As an added precaution, I would also avoid supplying any audio input to that side either.

Whoopysnorp said:
Good god, that's like three grand worth of amplification right there. You could knock down buildings with that.

Glad to hear that he is happy w/ the 395..I wouldve bought one too, but found the 500 first, so I moved on it...It definitely sounds better than the vht 2 50, and 2 90 2...maybe not so much as compared to the 2150 and classic though.

Latest posts

Back