Need help with Rev. # of Dual Rectifier Solo Head S/N-008061

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whizzo7070

Reaction score
Managed to land me a Dual Rectifier Solo half-stack for $1050 from a local pawn shop here in N.C. Appears to work just flawlessly. Go figure. I am now totally convinced that solid-state guitar amps are an abomination to guitar tone of the same order of magnitude that mp3 and CD formats are to the listening of recorded music. Wastes of time and money but most of all THEY SOUND LIKE ****!! These things suck badly and in an ideal world they would not exist in the first place.

But in any case, what I was wondering was for serial number R-008061 what Revision would my head be? I went first to some German site that claimed to have the S/N 000001 Dual Rec but noticed contrary/conflicting info right off the bat so cannot trust anything from it. If Rev.G goes from 2822 to 16,000-something, that would make '008061' a 'Rev. G' then, right?

I apologize for this website not functioning to its highest capacity, but I'm not very tech savvy. It's a site I created many years ago dedicated to the revisions of the rectifiers. You can find all the info you need in there. If you have questions let me know.

http://web-beta.archive.org/web/20090212135652/http://theboogiearchives.com/2ch_dual_recto.html

Revision F went well into the 2900's. There may or may not be Revision G's made in 1993. I've seen Revision F's in the 2900's being made in December 1993.

In any case, that amp in question is - without doubt - a Revision G.

Best way to tell the revision is to take the amp out of the shell and look on the board, just don't mess with the big blue caps!!!

Your amp might not be a rev G, serial numbers don't matter much, my dual rev F is R007520.

mesaboogie6L6 said:
Best way to tell the revision is to take the amp out of the shell and look on the board, just don't mess with the big blue caps!!!

Your amp might not be a rev G, serial numbers don't matter much, my dual rev F is R007520.

By 1996, Boogie was firmly entrenched into Revision G of the circuit. Considering both of the ones mentioned are from the same era, it's much more likely that they ran across a stash of Revision F boards laying around and opted to use in those in some G's rather than making another 4,000 head units and 3 years later deciding..."Why not, let's just make sold old schematic heads for the hell of it today..." :p

It's not uncommon at all for manufacturers to use leftover parts at later dates. Here's looking at you Marshall.

Latest posts

Back