HELP: Problem's with engaging Fx and solo on Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonpang123

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been having this problem ever since i had brought this second hand Dual Rectifier through a private seller.
Any advice or help would be so much appreciated.

When ever I tried to engage the Fx and Solo together with the Bigfoot switch, my amp will get jammed ,the channel light on the Rectifier will flicker between channel 2 and 3, and i get no sound from the speaker but hiss coming out from the amp head...
This problem affects channel 2 and channel 3 but not channel one.

Recently, it wouldn't even stay still on channel 2 even with the fx and solo disengaged. The channel light on the amp starts to flicker in between channel 2 and 3...and buzz coming out from the amp head again...
However, when i turn the knob on the back of the amp from footswitch to any one of the channel, it could engage into it perfectly fine.

I have just changed all the tubes (preamp, power amp and rectifier) and even bought a spare footswitch cable to try and cure the problem.
Unfortunately , the problem still persist :(

I am suspecting there could be a problem with the footswitch? Any ideas or suggestion guys?

Please help....

It could be a lot of problems including the footswich itself, the swithing matrix in the amp, the selector switch on the back of the amp or a dameged DIN connector eith on the footswitch or the amp. If you have a Mesa dealer or a friend/associate with a DR within driving distance take the footswitch and try it on one of their amps. By doing that you will have narrowed it down to the footswitch or the amp. After that you will have to send the broke item in for repair, or, be handy with a soldering iron and test equipment. Good luck.

- Pat

Pat, thank you very much for your kind response and advises!
Much appreciated!!
I will probably to it to an amp tech to have it repair then :)

Back