Need Advise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzwardo

Reaction score
Ok I need a little advise. I bought a mark v25 a couple months ago then about a week ago I bought a new mark v head. To make a long story short my dad is the reason I play music today. He has inspired me so much and has passed down gear to me over the years. Well he has been wanting a mark v25 really bad lately but can't really afford it and he really doesn't want to sell any of his gear to buy it. Well I have been thinking about giving him my v 25 as a surprise but the problem is I really really love this little monster and am having a hard time making a decision whether to send it to him or not. I don't know if I'm ready to let it go yet. He has the ability to sell something to buy one as well. What are your thoughts guys? I really appreciate any input.. I know this is kind of a weird topic but I thought I'd post it anywaysThanks

A few questions.

I realize you love the V25. I do too.

However owning the 90 watt 3 channel Mark V, do you find yourself using the V25 that much?

Is there anything with the V25 you are taking advantage of that you won't have with the 90 watt version? Primarily we are talking weight or cab clone here.

Lastly, would any of that compare to the joy you would get seeing the look on your dads face when you gave him that amp?

If you don't think you would miss it since you already have the full power 3 channel Mark V, I would give it to him.

Just think of all the things your dad has given you through out your life. I think I would feel pretty good about it.

Of course it's easy for me. With this advise I'm spending your money, not mine. ;-)

I do think it would be a very honorable and good thing to do. As a dad myself I think I would feel pretty special.

Anyway,

Good luck!

Good point I already have the mark v and that is enough for me as it has all I need. I guess I just like the fact that I can easily use the v25 in the house or even bring it to a friends house for a small jam session. That being said, I think I can live without it and I know for a fact my dad would be so **** excited to have it. I think im going to send it to him as a surprise. He is so passionate about music and playing in general so I know he would go crazy when I shows up on his porch. I just wish I could be there to watch his reaction 8) . Thanks for your input I really appreciate it!

izzwardo said:
I guess I just like the fact that I can easily use the v25 in the house or even bring it to a friends house for a small jam session.

This is what is special to me about the V25

I had to pick up my 2204 yesterday just to move it to a different room. It is 2 lbs lighter then the 90 watt mark V. It was such a pain in the *** to move.

I'm not gigging. I just go out to jam with friends which is why I love it!

It's easy to give a gift that is not valuable to you. But to gift something that you really like, that is meaningful. Your dad will appreciate it that much more, and you only have one of those. Give him the v25. Besides, the Mark V is an absolutely amazing machine!

If its going to make him as happy as you have indicated, absolutely give it to him. You both will feel great, and have something rewarding to share.

He should be getting it sometime next week. He lives a ways away from me so he should get it soon. He's going to flipping flip. :mrgreen:

izzwardo said:
He should be getting it sometime next week. He lives a ways away from me so he should get it soon. He's going to flipping flip. :mrgreen:

Keep us posted!

izzwardo said:

Awesome, man! You chose wisely.

I ended up buying another v25. I just could not stand not having one so my dad and I will each have one 8)

You did the right thing, and I hate to say it, but one day you will have the bittersweet moment of getting it back, and you'll always keep it because it was your Dads.

Telemesa said:
You did the right thing, and I hate to say it, but one day you will have the bittersweet moment of getting it back, and you'll always keep it because it was your Dads.
Amen to that.

Latest posts

Back