Need advice on Triaxis & 2:90 tonal palette setting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PG13

Reaction score
I have a 5150 combo which I've had for almost 20 years and love. I also have a love affair with my Triaxis/2:90 combination thru a 5150 4x12 cabinet. Do any of you Triaxis/ 2:90 users have any setting I can use as a starting point to achieve the "brown sound"? Yes, I know they are two entirely different animals... I'm simply looking to see if any of you have experimented and came up with a decent approximation to use as a starting point... Thanks!

Lead 2 Red, all three voicing switches (Deep/Half-Drive/Modern) engaged. Out of control tone :D

I use this tone to approximate a hi-gain Marshall-esque tone, but doing the above gets it in the ballpark. :)

Thanks Jackie,
I appreciate you sharing. BTW, I'm using a version 1 triaxis... I get the voicing settings on the 2:90, but what are the settings for Lead 2 Red?

Ah, I deliberately didn't post any settings because you said you were looking for an approximation or starting point only. Sorry 'bout that. :)

My settings are
Gain 5.0
Treble 6.5
Mid 6.0
Bass 2.0
(Lead 1 Drive 0.0)
Lead 2 Drive 5.0
Master 5.0
Presence 3.5
Dynamic Voice 3.0

Using a Marshall 1960 cab with V30s (not sure what speakers are in the 5150 cab) and usually either a Gibson SG '61 Reissue or Ibanez RG370DX with a Dimarzio ToneZone (both rather dark sounding), so YMMV.

Version doesn't matter here because Lead 2 modes are the same in all versions.

Latest posts

Back