NAD...MKV for Christmas

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfnote

Reaction score
Well as luck would have it my Rockerverb, Stiletto, and Marshall MF280 cab sold for cash yesterday. I called a couple of places and I was able to drive less than an hour away to pick up the only MKV in my area. Brand new. I have bought a couple of Mesa's there so they gave it to me "Tax inclusive", not a huge discount but every little bit helps. Here's a few pics I took this morning before all the Christmas mayhem began. It sounds amazind through my BadCat cab. It is loaded with BadCat tweaked V30's and semi open back.

l_064e3bf532314e05899aa18c2afd4a42.jpg

l_e1a5a05f1c6e44519d289c1952521e05.jpg

l_3ed617bb58c14836abd878c1f4fe603c.jpg

so nice man enjoy!!! ive had mine sence teh summer and im still finding new tones that i love. Was workin off the clean, crunch, mark iv setting now im usein teh fat, crunch and extreem. Still have yet to waunder to the IIc+ area... And the mark 1 mode is a jem take alot of time their with out bass lol.

Congrats!!! You've been wanting one forever. I'm glad it worked out so well! I bought mine before I sold everything so it was a little more stressful. Haha. Enjoy and Merry Xmas!

Hey Halfnote

Congratulations - it was a great day for you yesterday huh? New amp day is always a great day, but new Mark V day is pretty kewl. I have a Badcat 30 R that I don't have here at home right now, but it has two Tome Tubby Hemp Cone speakers and I am very psyched to see what my V will sound like through that as an extension cab. I have a Mark V Combo, and I bough t a Thiele single cab to go along with it, so I do have some nice options right now. It will be fun to hear what the Badcat cab sounds like.

Joe

I have played with all of the modes and so far MK1 is by far the best for me. I am using ch. 3 as a heavy rythym tone with the eq V'd out and MK1 fat for lead with no geq. I find even with the eq out I have to run the bass pretty low or I can't even use my neck pup. The clean channel is fantastic with or without the eq. I love the clip when you run it at 10 watts/spongy. It really brings out the single coil sound when I pop the pot on my Swampy.
Most importantly, I am able to get the sounds that I fell in love with on the MKIV. It may not be exactly the same, I don't have them both to A/B them but it sounds right to my ears.
I believe my search is over. The only thing I am considering changing is my cab setup. I am either going to sell my BadCat and buy two Mesa 3/4 backs for the stack/spread option or keep the B/C and pick up one 3/4 for portability.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. My kids cleaned up! My wife actually hid half the **** they got for a little while until they loose all the parts to what they are playing with now. :lol:

Glad you are liking the amp dude! I've not thought of using CH3 for rhythms and CH2 for leads! That's a great idea! I bet I could assign the FX loop to CH2 and keep the delay turned on for my leads this way!

As for the 3/4 back cabs - I love them! It always sounds good. I've heard a Roadster, F-30, Rectoverb, DC-3, and my Mark V through it and they all sounded fabulous for any style of music. It's a very versatile cab. I just bought an EV speaker to replace the stock C90 so we'll see how that goes...

Latest posts

Back