NAD - Mk V + 1 x 12 wide body cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyc80

Reaction score
And stuck at work.....

I'm itching to get home and crack the thing open.....

feel like a child on Xmas eve!!!

dannyc80 said:
And stuck at work.....

I'm itching to get home and crack the thing open.....

feel like a child on Xmas eve!!!

Where do you live? I can go get it for ya ;)
Congrats!!

Contrats! I'm new to Mesa, and I am completely blown away at the tones I get from my Mark V. It is the best amp I own, and I also have a Marshal JVM and a Blackstar Series One 200.

Yeah its awesome, the 5 band EQ is such a powerful tool.

One thing that I'm not sure about at the min, however it maybe due to trying to play at very low volume.... is the reverb bleed when I change from channel 2 to Channel 1, it sort of swells in the background.

Also there is quit a large pop when swapping channels on the foot switch.

Any comments welcome :)

I was suppose to get my new mark V today but it didn't show up :| hopefully tomorrow. Congrats on yours!

dannyc80 said:
Yeah its awesome, the 5 band EQ is such a powerful tool.

One thing that I'm not sure about at the min, however it maybe due to trying to play at very low volume.... is the reverb bleed when I change from channel 2 to Channel 1, it sort of swells in the background.

Also there is quit a large pop when swapping channels on the foot switch.

Any comments welcome :)

The reverb is designed to mute momentarily when changing channels, this prevents nasty surprises when switching from one sound to another. As for the popping, this is common when switching between channels that are set to different wattages (and is most noticeable when switching in or out of the ten watt mode to either 45 or 90 watts).

Brilliant, cheers for the info folks...

I'm dying to get this cranked up and have a good play.... work is making that difficult to say the least at the mo..

nearly Friday! !

I think the amp really comes alive when you raise the volume. I truly appreciated the tones when I started using it with my band. I'm just upset it took me so long to discover this amp.

Yeah, I keep reading that.

Not gonna be able to wack it up till gig night but ill be able to get some basic platforms to work on tomorrow hopefully.

Loving the crystal clear cleans and that real throaty drive on crunch.

very nice so far :)

BTW, the channel switching will pop on the same wattages across channels during the first time that you switch them. What I do, is once I take it out of standby, is scroll through the channels, then go to the channel I'm going to start with. After that, no more popping.

I like this amp so much that I've considered buying another one as a backup, and I don't even gig!

Latest posts

Back