NAD! Lonestar Classic short head!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish22

Reaction score
So I just got this and I love it!
Check it out!
LSC shorthead and 2x12 recto
Lonestar.jpg

LS2copy.jpg

Nice!

I've been lusting after one of these, but can't really afford one at the moment :(

Are these still in production?

mandoismetal said:
Nice!

I've been lusting after one of these, but can't really afford one at the moment :(

Very Nice. I bought an LSC many years ago and sometimes I wish I got the Special.

They still make these. I heard a rumor that the LSC was going to be phased out, but that was from a kid at GC, so take that with a grain of salt.

Awesome!

I haven't heard the LSS in person, but a lot of users that have had a chance to play one tend to prefer it over the LSC.

Hopefully, I'll get one for my clean tones. I already have my high gain covered ;)

I don't think either of the Lone Stars are going out of production. It's been one of their most successful lines, according to one of the Mesa reps I spoke to a while back.

I do know that the 27" wide 1x12 format (combos and cabinets) for the LSC has been dropped in favor of narrowing it down to 23". Probably due to weight complaints. The amp is damned heavy, but the 27" cab is part of what makes the amp sound so amazing in person... might be a bad move on Mesa's part.

knotts said:
mandoismetal said:
Nice!

Very Nice. I bought an LSC many years ago and sometimes I wish I got the Special.

They still make these. I heard a rumor that the LSC was going to be phased out, but that was from a kid at GC, so take that with a grain of salt.

Yes, the new heads and 1x12 combos/cabs are the 23" format only. I was thinking about getting a 23" cab but my 27" 1x12 sounds so good I've decided I don't want to change it. Might downsize my 27" head to the medium though.

Latest posts

Back