New Austin-based Member

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratolespaul

Reaction score
Hey all,

I figured it would only be proper that I introduce myself, albeit after joining about three weeks ago.

I own a Lonestar Classic 1x12 combo and bought it sometime around '07. It's the powerhouse of my collection. Mine's the earlier 100/50w version.

One odd thing that happened to mine is that it blew the stock speaker (black widows?) two times. Very strange. Anyway, I found a used 100w Celestion that's been in there for about 10 years. Sounds brilliant on its own, though I usually add my Avatar 2x12 to the 1x12. So it's definitely a powerful, big-sounding rig.

Thanks for reading!
Paul

Attachments

• 20240320_132819~2.jpg
    20240320_132819~2.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to the forum.

I have two of those exact Avatar cabs, absolutely love them. Both closed back with Mesa V30’s. They roar.

Dom
Thanks Dom.

Yep, I've been a fan of Avatar cabs for 20 years (but have a new favorite! Lmk if you're curious). Mine's their partial open-back. It's been so many years since I've looked back there, that I'm not even sure what's in there, but I think it's a v30 and a 75t. I also have one of their thinner-walled closed-back 1x12s. Especially like how closed-back cabs complement open-back combos. Funny thing, they must have had so many requests to offer a cab sans Avatar emblem that I see they're now offering cabs w/o emblem. It just looks cleaner, IMO, w/o it.
I remember talking to, forget his name who owns it (was a very nice guy to me), sounded a little offended years ago when I was getting the 1x12 and asked if they could leave it off. I peeled it of but there was still glue left behind. Took a black sharpie to it. Lol

Take care,
Paul

Attachments

• 20240318_123439~2.jpg
    20240318_123439~2.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 0
Back