My Tele loves Stiletto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enigma

Reaction score
The stiletto trident sale fell through so I plugged her back in, and I'm glad! I loved the way my Strat sounded, but my new Tele (67 reissue) sounds so good through it. The Tele pups really make the Ch. 2 come alive, and now I finally understand the "Stiletto" namesake. 8) The tone cuts, but it's not harsh at all.

And, the fat clean on Ch. 1 really beefs up the Tele tone nicely, giving it body without sacrificing clarity. This is an awesome amp.

Glad to see that somebody's Boogie sounds good with single coils. My AmDlx Strat sounds like crap through my RK but the LP Std with BB's & the MelodyMaker with a single P-90 are beyond incredible. Come to think of it, the Strat doesn't sound all that great through my MKIV either. Could it be the SCN Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups? Anybody have any issues with the SCN's?

I run my Trident w/ 2x12 Recto cab w/ Celestion V30s. Of course, my LP and PRS also sound great, but single coils love EL34s.

PS. I really don't like Fender Samarium Cobolt noiseless pickups - I had one that I returned.

Interesting - I had a Stiletto deuce and I've tried the Ace, I don't seem to have luck getting a good single coil tone out of them with v30s. Glad you like it though! I'm getting some good tele sounds with my Mark IV on r2 ans r3.

HappyStrat said:
Glad to see that somebody's Boogie sounds good with single coils.

My Mark IIB was born to have a Strat played through it! A trio of Suhr V60LP pickups and MAN tone to die for.

Enigma, glad you're digging the Stilleto :D !

Latest posts

Back