My new PRS 513 WOW!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coeur de Blues

Reaction score
For 40 years as guitarist, it has been the most extraordinary guitar with which I played, and I have already 4 PRS: Custom 22, Hollowbody, Single cut and SwampAsh, plus other Fender, Gibson, ...

PRS-513-ViolinAmber.jpg

An exceptional guitar !!!

devilrob1979 said:
Hot ****! How's it sound?

The 13 positions of pickup sound very well. I am agreeably surprised. I compared with my Custom 22 and my Single cut and I prefer my 513. As well into individual as in humbucker, with of course the quality of construction and the finition which one knows of guitars PRS.

Spectacular looking. The 513's intrigue me. Seems like a great pickup scheme for lots of versatility.

I had a McCarty Hollowbody II, but it was just gloss black. One of the best sounding and THE best playing guitar I ever had. It was worth enough in trade to get me back into a Boogie, and I had another guitar, or I'd still have it.

Someday I'm going to have another PRS. The 513 makes a lot of sense to me.

I took a few hours with one of the Rosewood necked 513 models. Really nice guitar. I didnt feel the single coil tones were there but the 2 variations on the humbucking sound were fantastic.

Very Nice, I almost bought a 513 last week, but I ended up picking up a Koa/Pao Ferro Suhr. I'll post some pics on another thread. PRS still has some very fine guitars indeed!

Beautiful top! I've never played a 513. I guess I'm missing something. I always thought I'd prefer the traditional humbuckers. I do like guitars with rosewood necks though.

BTW, I normally don't care for bursts much, but VAB is one of my favorite PRS colors.

Beautiful top on your 513 Coeur de Blues!! Lots of tones in that little sweatheart, eh!

Rocky, love the top on your Custom 24, too! That's gorgeous!

It's a real fine guitar. Of course, as I mentioned earlier, 513 concept is a knock-off of these:

Picture%20021.jpg

Scala%20Guitars%20New%20Pictures%20026.jpg

Three or four years ago, at the NAMM show, I was present in person when Leo Skala, then of Scala Guitars, now of Gary Kramer Guitars, explained the concept to Paul himself. Leo did apply for a patent, so Paul modified his design a little bit.

You may check the sound of the bottom pictured guitar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDThO_GjENQ. It's reloaded with EMG, per artist's request.

these are fantastic guitars,i have one myself but mines the ruby colour.i just wish i could have got it with gold hardware!

Beautiful guitars.

My Schecter C-1 Classic's fit & finish is absolutely top-notch. I've seen rivals such as $2000+ PRS & Schecter's build quality & feature-set is absolutley comparable at $650. Yes, built in Korea. Exactly like a top-end PRS? No, but almost.

Its loa-oa-ded, check out the specs:
Neck-Thru, Mahogany body & BEAUTIFUL 3-Tone Sunburst Quilted Maple Top, Multi-Ply Maple & Walnut/Rosewood neck w/24 Jumbo frets 25.5" scale, Abalone "Vine of Life" inlays, authentic Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) & Jazz (SH-2n) pickups, 5-Way Mega switch, TonePros Tune-O-Matic w/thru-body for Googolplex sustain, Creme (neck/headstock) bindings, Grover tuning machines, & Gold hardware.

Sounds like she looks.. phenomenal. Neck-thru construction & strings through body, she really carries a tune. My son's main guitar is the HellRaiser with active EMG pickups for his metal music but its just as beautiful. Really, I think Schecter must be one of the best VALUES going today.

Take a gander:
c1-classic.jpg

Latest posts

Back