My Brazilian Rock/Pop band 'Ordem Inversa'.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enc3f4L0

Reaction score
On my last video thread I mentioned I had a brazilian rock/pop band going on... It's called Ordem Inversa. We just put up a myspace to share some of our demos before we go in to record an album.

If anyone is interested check it out:
http://www.myspace.com/bandaordeminversa

Songs 'Mil Vidas' and 'Ausência' are from our singer's previous work. He had a demo cd before we joined up to start ORDEM INVERSA and those 2 tracks are his. We are playing them though. We chose those 2 to rerecord on our album along with about 10 other originals.

The first song listed on myspace 'Quase Perfeito' was our first song as a band.
We wrote it in the studio and our singer Alex Burton wrote the lyrics (which you probably won't understand anyway).

You'll notice the recording is low quality... It was done here at home on my computer with my crappy yet trusty PC mic and an onboard soundcard. We used the PC mic to record guitars and vocals. Bass went direct. The drums were recorded at our drummers studio, he sent me a mixdown of all his tracks in mp3.

Those of you who do check it out, please give me some feedback. I appreciate it.

Thiago.

i really like the guitar. the singer has a great voice, but I cant understand him. hahaha. overall i like it alot. you play through a Mark IV right?

Your singer's really good!

Once the bassist and drummer get a better groove going together you'll sound excellent-- right now they're playing well, they're just not grooving at all.

I like your tones a lot, very clean and tight. (Mark IV, obviously!) I think you could maybe turn down level on the delay a little.

Sorry man but I can't understand how somebody who likes dream theater,
can compose that stuff.
Sorry to my tastes it is terrible.Lyrics,melodies,tones,sometimes singer is out of tune .
I really sorry but you asked opinions,I am giving you mine.
:cry:

I liked the singer, with some nior dropouts, his accent (ft) sometimes is really not that good, have times that i simply can not understand a **** thing what he was singing. :?

and yes, have to agree with 18&Life, sometimes his melody lines is not quite that good also. and lil less effects will not hurt either. and yes, on "Ausência" he's way out of tune sometimes :oops:

the playing is very good, although i strongly reccomend you to cut all the "bululus malmstenianos" (you know what is it . . .), really dont have nothing to do with the songs, but i will blame it on your youth (at 19 we really think different).

the tones, besides the poor production, are really great.

way to go, but clearly is on its path. 8)

no geral, tá legal!! :)

Yes,you have to make a solo wich fits in the song.
You can't put a Vai kind of solo in mariah carry's music !!!
Imagine happy birthday to you with malmsteen's runs all over it !!!
:shock:
90% of the time, LESS IS BETTER !!! :wink:

Thanks for checking it out.

Just to make this clear, not sure if it went through with my first post...
The only song I played was 'Quase Perfeito'. This was the one we did as a band and I recorded the guitar parts to.

The other 2 our from a Demo cd our vocalist did before we joined up. If we do keep these 2 songs we'll rearrange'em and record to our liking.

Vigo1999: Didn't quite get the 'bululus malmstenianos'... Were you reffering to Quase Perfeito or the other songs? Cuz I think a couple of fast licks fit 'Quase Perfeito' well... I can't answer for the other 2 though. :) Btw, I'm 24. Valeu!

18&Life: What part can't you understand? Not all DT fans are prog snobs. I happen to like music and playing guitar. The title says it's a ROCK/POP band and that's exactly what it is.
Thank you for your opinion. I think every opinion is valid. I'm just curious about one thing... Are you Brazilian, Portuguese or something? Cuz I would imagine you'd have to understand the language to say the lyrics are terrible. Or did you run'em through some online translator? =)

CoG: Thanks! Yep, it is the Mark IV, although the PC mic doesn't do it justice. About the drums... I forgot to mention they were done by our previous drummer, my friend César. He isn't in the band anymore. I love his drumming on this specific song but maybe it might be a bit too much for a song that's supposed to be 'mainstream'. Our new drummer (Marco) has total freedom to do whatever he pleases so the song might change alot until it makes it to the album.

DBDbadreligion: Yup! Mark IV! I'm was gonna translate the lyrics on another forum already, I'll post it here when I do so you can understand. :) Thank you for listening and commenting.

I'm brazillian,we already talked to ourselves,you don't remember.
Sorry but this is not pop rock,pop rock is capital inicial,blitz,legiao urbana and all emo stuff .
Your music is something between pop and not pop,I don't know what is.
Every opinion is valid,even the negative ones.
Hey but even the negatives ones are positives because you can learn or not from them.
Prog snoobs ????????? What a sh.it thing to say.
Nobody plays prog or any other style only to show themselves.People play whatever they play because they like.
I play in JOURNEY cover and BON JOVI cover and love dream theater's music.I love any prog music. :wink:

What I tried to say when I mentioned dream theater was,you know good music so I really expected good composing stuff from you.
You can make very simple awsome pop songs ,with good chord progressions and catchy melodies.
All pop guys from 80-90's play much more than what they play in their pop songs.
Elton John is a really great piano player but he don't over show his technique in his music.
Neal Schon from Journey is a really good player but in journey he uses very little technique,only good melodies in his solos.
They all play really good but step on their breaks to make pop music.
Good pop music = good melodies and chord progressions.
In Brazil,I know you know that,pop music never had solos bigger than 10 seconds !
With all emo stuff here,your band will never be called as a pop band.
Pop here is what is playing on the radio (sh.it) .

it was on the first song (cant remember the name and here at work im not able to access myspace).

i said 19 cause on your profile is 19 not 24! :wink:

quando for a BSB quero ver uma gig de vcs!! 8) (vou todo mês praí).

Good stuff, wish I could understand the lyrics, but I liked the melody. Definitely pop rock as far as I'm concerned, pop meaning POPULAR not emo, not crap, not overly complicated, not understated, not acoustic, but something that is popular, and this type of music is popular. The only thing I would comment on is the extended intro solo, when writing pop music you have to capture the audiences attention within 20 seconds or they are done with it.

18&Life: "People play whatever they play because they like."
This was the best thing you wrote so far. (IMO of course) :)
I'm not trying to be Capital Inicial, Bon Jovi, Blitz or whatever EMO band you mentioned liking.
Like you said. People play what they like. We're doing the same.

Notice I didn't say POP/ROCK. I wrote ROCK first. I know the difference seems minor but it does make a difference around here.
You're taking the POP tag to heart too much.

To me what we play is a more popular rock. ToneAddictJon seemed to understand the concept better. It's rock... but popular... songs with traditional arrangements, catchyness (hopefully), easier for the non-musician to understand.

We could be here all week discussing in what genre my band falls in. This is besides the point anyway. You obviously didn't like the fundamental qualities a music should have (lyrics, melody, harmony, tones, singer, whatever) which is totally fine.

ToneAddictJon: Thank you! I agree the solo is a bit long. This song isn't exactly an accurate representation of the whole album though. It's definately one of the heavier ones (let's just say it's a Heavy-Metal/Hard/Punk/rock/pop to get the polemy going on... hehe ). We have others that start with singing right away. Some with acoustic guitars throughout, and whatnot.
We're trying to keep it diverse and also trying to maintain a healthy balance beetween the crazy things we like to play sometimes and 'radioness'.

Vigo1999: On what profile does it say 19? 8| LOL.
Sure man, we'll meet when you're around here. We're not giggin' right now but will be soon. We're working on some covers along with our own stuff.

I only listened to Quase Perfeito and you know what, I kinda like it. The singer has a good pop voice, and the guitars are pretty good as expected.

I'd go easier with the double bass drums, though. They're a little excessive, but perhaps it's just the recording quality which make them show a little too much.

Here's my attempt at translating it.
Note that some things are really hard to translate because of cultural differences. Some references in the lyrics are specific to events happening here in Brazil so they might not make as much sense to you. Hope you can get a rough idea of what it's about though.

Which hearts should I break
Which lies should I sustain
So many things to regret
Dreams I couldn't make come true

Years and years, always come and go
Full of truths, owners of reason
Filling my eyes with sand
Of lies my life is full

In pretty suits, speaking freely
On prime time on tv
The truth is 'a thief is a thief'
Be it for one real (brazilian currency), be it for a million

I'm going out to see the sea
To forget what makes me small
Maybe I'll get lucky and drown
Relieving me of the taste of poison

Look at the world how it is
Almost perfect is what they say?
Closing my windows so I can't see
A real 'soap opera' without a happy ending.

Some pics of our first gig last monday. It was pretty cool! Shots by Rodrigo Dalcin.

Ordem%20Inversa-08out07-Rodrigo_Dalcin(25).jpg

Ordem%20Inversa-08out07-Rodrigo_Dalcin(26).jpg

Ordem%20Inversa-08out07-Rodrigo_Dalcin(27).jpg

I didn't use the 'Warm Music' amp.
That was provided by the festival organizers for those bands without an amp.

I was playing on my Mark IV - 4x12 setup. :)

Latest posts

Back