My 1st Mesa : )

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
Pretty sweet story... Last month, I was in dire need or a new amp (because my Fender fried). I had narrowed my search down to either Soldano or Mesa, but since I was on an $800 budget, obviously beggers couldn't be choosers. So, my friend Eric (he's the guitarist in Sex Positions, and current owner of Soldano Avenger) had told me right off the bat to go for Soldano, but once I presented to him my budget, he said check out the Peavey 5150's cause they've got pretty good tone for a price that won't break the bank. So I was searching for weeks, and finally came across a local classified for a "Peavey 5150 head and Marshall 1960a 4x12 cab for $1,100". So I called the guy, talked to him, and he says "you know what, I live in the next town over from you, come check it out". So naturally, I went... to make an already long story short, I bought both the head and cab that day... for $800 :shock: Played them for a week or so and the 5150, although it does have brutal distortion, just wasn't my cup of tea. I listed it on eBay, and got $710 for it. I basically got the Marshall for $90! So back to the amp search, a couple of days later, a guy with a new eBay account, NO feedback listed a TREM-O-VERB for $800. Nobody bid. It ended, and I contacted him to see if it was still for sale. Turns out, he was a real gentleman (he owns a club in Ohio called The Orange Street). We talked and I had asked my questions, and I put my faith in the deal (hoping to god i wouldn't get screwed). Paid him the $800, waited patiently... 7 days later when it was due to arrive, I got home from work, and NOTHING. F**k. I went to check out a car with my friend and went to Guitar Center since it was close by, and on the way back home I said "hold on man, i'm gunna stop at my house to see if UPS came late". I walked into my kictchen, and what do ya know, theres this frankenstein looking box with black duct tape and everything sitting right there on the floor. YAY! it's here. Turns out, the thing WAS in great condition, and I basically couldnt be happier. Sorry it was such a long story, but I thought it's something to share since I finally got my long sought after Mesa and SWEET 4x12 for $890.
DSCF1456.jpg

haha thanks! Ya, i was keeping an eye on 5150 prices, It varied a lot, i saw two for at least $860, some for 600ish, I kinda got in the middle there. So i'm happy with my Trem, for now at least : )

Grats on the new amp :D This could have turned out really ugly glad it worked out for you ;)

haha i know! my palms we sweating like crazy when he kept telling me "oh, the tracking number is at home i'll get it later" and never ended up sending it to me... i lucked out

Latest posts

Back