Mwahahahahahahahaha

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbalderrama

Reaction score
Boogie Mark Meltdown :D Picked up this cab at GC last weekend after they dumped the price to $279. This thing has been languishing in the store for a year probably and even moved when the store moved. Its beat to heck and the grill has been painted white. The wiring was messed up, but GC being GC they never bothered to spend 15 minutes fixing it or they probably could have sold it long ago.

Its a Mark Series half back 4x12 cab, probably dating to around 1990 based on speaker codes. The top speakers are Mesa C90's. I didn't recognize the bottom, unlabeled, speakers and neither did anyone at GC but it turns out they were the old Mesa Vintage 50's. I pulled them and replaced them with C90's also. The awesome thing would be put a pair of EVM12L's in the bottom, as if the cab isn't heavy enough already. I'll probably repaint the grill either black or a wine red like the PRS.

To say it sounds massive would be an understatment!

RockRig.jpg

Oh, I think it would look just FABULOUS in Banana Taurus with Fuschia accents. :lol:

If I were you I would strip the paint off the grill and leave it like brushed steel, maybe with a clear coat. Or even paint it to match the wicker face plate on the head!!! That would be cool...

MesaDCLP said:
If I were you I would strip the paint off the grill and leave it like brushed steel, maybe with a clear coat. Or even paint it to match the wicker face plate on the head!!! That would be cool...

actually what Im thinking of doing is painting the grill and changing the grill cloth on the head to both be a dark red similar to the PRS's color.

sbalderrama said:
MesaDCLP said:

actually what Im thinking of doing is painting the grill and changing the grill cloth on the head to both be a dark red similar to the PRS's color.

Like one of those old ladies wearing a red hat, red pants, red blouse, red jacket, red shoes, all slightly different shades of red?? ;^) haha

the metal grill is just too back alley for that beautiful guitar and classic style head

I can explain everything! .... black and silver is understated elegance... but, blondes like it rough!

sbalderrama said:
Boogie Mark Meltdown :D Picked up this cab at GC last weekend after they dumped the price to $279. This thing has been languishing in the store for a year probably and even moved when the store moved. Its beat to heck and the grill has been painted white. The wiring was messed up, but GC being GC they never bothered to spend 15 minutes fixing it or they probably could have sold it long ago.

Its a Mark Series half back 4x12 cab, probably dating to around 1990 based on speaker codes. The top speakers are Mesa C90's. I didn't recognize the bottom, unlabeled, speakers and neither did anyone at GC but it turns out they were the old Mesa Vintage 50's. I pulled them and replaced them with C90's also. The awesome thing would be put a pair of EVM12L's in the bottom, as if the cab isn't heavy enough already. I'll probably repaint the grill either black or a wine red like the PRS.

RockRig.jpg
All time favorite cab!

I disagree! 8)

ampsandeffects3013-1.jpg

Very pretty!!! Good to see likewise minds out here for the blondes. :mrgreen:

My avatar shows my love for switching between 2 blondes as well. 8)

~Nep~

Neptical said:
I disagree! 8)

ampsandeffects3013-1.jpg

Very pretty!!! Good to see likewise minds out here for the blondes. :mrgreen:

My avatar shows my love for switching between 2 blondes as well. 8)

~Nep~

Thanks! I am running in stereo. This rig sounds BIG!

sbalderrama said:

RockRig.jpg

I wonder if you could replace the face plate. Mesa must have something that will work and you can always keep the original.

Jim- I'm sure that rig does sound pretty big! 8)
Triple humbucker LP...that thing is beautiful as well.
I'm curious, what kind of material/style you play with this rig?

~Nep~

Neptical said:

~Nep~

Well...I play classic rock/hard rock and dabble in some metal.

Jim Ed Love said:
Neptical said:

~Nep~

Well...I play classic rock/hard rock and dabble in some metal.

Awesome, Jim!
Never let go! Awesome rig again my friend.

~Nep~

Jim Ed Love said:
I wonder if you could replace the face plate. Mesa must have something that will work and you can always keep the original.

I thought about just trying to stretch some grill cloth over the metal.

sbalderrama said:
Jim Ed Love said:

I thought about just trying to stretch some grill cloth over the metal.

I thought about doing that as well, but I am not too handy. If you do put grill cloth over the grill post pics.

Latest posts

Back