Multiple amps / one cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmaster

Reaction score
I want to combine the sounds of two different amp heads. Is there a way to run two amps into one cab? Or will it just fry the cab? Thanks. Sorry if this is a retarded question.

http://www.tonebone.com/tb-headbone-ts.htm

I've never used one but this product is designed to do what you've requested.
Good luck

Thanks for the link. I am more interested in running both amps in paralell at the same time rather than switching between them. Is this even possible?

You would have to have a cab for each head,or you could use a stereo cab with one head connected to each side.Basically the same as using two cabs.Without some time of signal splitter in front, if one head has two inputs in one channel like some Fenders you could connect the heads via the second input.Connect the guitar to input one and run a guitar cord from the second input in that head to the input of the second head.But each head must have its own cab,or half of a stereo cab as far as I can see.I have used a Peavy 4x10 stereo cab in just this way,but it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth,to me.

I guess I'm gonna go with the stero split method. I would have liked to run both amps on all four cones but it sounds like too much of a hassle. Thanks for the responses guys, this forum has always been super: people helping each other out for the sake of rock and roll. Mesa rules, rock on!!

Take a look at this one, it's a danish company, and not cheap either though. It's the same company that build petrucci's pedalboard. Pros I guess.
http://www.skrydstrup.com/AS4.htm

Tony

I am not 100% sure but I believe that with that unit you are still only using one head at a time, it appears to be,as the name implies an amp "switcher".I think what metalmaster is looking for is a way to run 2 heads simultaneously.

Latest posts

Back