MrkIII head stopped working.. Reverb tank?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!! This is my first post. Ive been in here everyday for the last few months and learn something new everytime. All of you in here have helped me out SOOOOOOOOOO many times. Thank you!!

Well, here is my issue. I switched out my MrkIII (black dot) from a head case to a rackmount. The amp was in PERFECT working condition when before the swap. Everything fit in the new rackmount perfectly except the reverb tank, so I left it out. Now when I turn on the amp, Im only getting a real faint (when turned up to 10!) sound. However, it and a strange hum that doesnt change regardless of the volume. Any ideas?

Speaker cab is plugged in and jacks at both ends seated well??

Edward

I never attatched the reverb tank to my Mark III when it was rackmounted. The amp worked great without it.

Must be something else.

Actually found it. One of the screws from the lid was to long and was grounding out the input plug.

WHEW!!!
Thanks all!!

Actually found it. One of the screws from the lid was to long and was grounding out the input plug.

WHEW!!!
Thanks all!!

Boogiebabies said:
waitingfordecay said:

WHEW!!!
Thanks all!!

That's a new one.

That almost happened to me when I used the screws from a combo shell to put one of my MkIII chassis in a short head. I noticed as I was putting the screws in that they were really long and seemed in danger of either shorting the input jack or getting into the power cabling in the back :shock: I remember thinking "man, I am glad I noticed that because I would go nuts trying to figure out what was wrong."

Ya. It dawned on me when I took the lid off. The screws were really long (how i didnt notice that to begin with is besides me). I feel really stupid now for posting.
: )

Don't feel stupid for posting an issue that will more than likely save someone a headache on another day.

That is the beauty of this forum...

Chris

Latest posts

Back