Mk IIA - Power Amp In?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandturk

Reaction score
Anyone out there use just the power amp of your MK IIA? Obviously, I mean using a different preamp and running into the Power Amp In jack of the amp?

What's you experience? I plugged in a POD and though I got signal, it never really got loud. I guess I'm wondering because the jack is labeled "pre amp out/power amp in." I'm talking about this here:

DSC_0018-1.jpg

i'm just guessing here, but that is possibly a stereo jack with send connected to the tip and return on the ring....try your pod and standard mono 1/4" cable inserted just to the first click, so that your plug tip engages the ring element of the jack (turn your pod output volume down first)

Well, I tried the "just the tip" and that didn't do anything - so I guess its not a stereo in. I also called Mesa and they thought that the Master Volume should be active, and I can adjust the volume there, but that didn't work either. Here's an interesting point - turning the EQ on kills the signal entirely. Hmm...

Ah well - my whole point was that I was going to buy a Marshall JMP-1 to push through the Boogie when I wanted Marshall sounds. I ended up buying a Marshall Class 5 this weekend instead. Now I need an A/B/Y box to switch between the Marshall and the Boogie!

I gave up trying to make my 78 MKIIa sound like a Marshall and scored a 77 MKII 50w Marshall and an A/B switcher

Andyman

Latest posts

Back