Mini Recto Knobs, can't see position!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I did. Florescent orange paint. Applied with a toothpick. Better than it was.

02084056-FDC8-4FB6-A302-A23A0DFB9E55-4584-000006080A44E148.jpg

That looks like it would work alright, Adam.

Here's another option; found this link on another forum. This is for the aluminium knobs, and there's another page with plastic ones, too. These are 1/4" shaft size which I believe are the same as the Mesas.

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/category-s/44.htm

Just know that if you go any bigger than 15mm outside diameter (on the top row/green channel) you'll either have to file the bottom side of the diamond plate shorter or scallop it at each knob location to accommodate the extra radius.

I'm still going to spring for the Express or Mark V knobs.

I used some of my daughter's nail polish in the meantime.

IMG_0003a2a_zps3066b2ba.jpg

And those are my Holy Grail settings, btw. Humbucker guys, if you want a powerful, open, round, articulate lead tone without any saturation or compression and very responsive to pick attack with tons of sustain and still capable of harmonic feedback, use your neck pup and try those "clean" settings; I don't know how it will sound with single coils, though. Roll your guitar volume back for chimey cleans, or open it up for a medium gain power tube OD that just sizzles; I have a Fromel Shape parametric EQ in the loop that's set to add a bit of mid bite, too. It's LOUD in a very good way. I'm really digging this for the kind of stuff I'm playing these days, and only kicking in the "vintage" setting on the red channel for special occasions.

Not sure if these have been posted but if they fit they would be a nice options.

http://www.wdmusic.com/dome_knob_chrome_red_jewel.html

http://www.wdmusic.com/knobs_custom.html

Am I the only one that doesn't need to see the knob position? I don't ever look that closely; I just turn it until it sounds good. Years of playing on dark stages, I guess.

I like the orange paint and nail polish. I change tones up a bit here and there and like to see the indent. Easy as it is to replace the knobs, I think the chrome ones are dead sexy and hate to replace 'em. I'll try the paint!

Jethro Rocker said:
I like the orange paint and nail polish. I change tones up a bit here and there and like to see the indent. Easy as it is to replace the knobs, I think the chrome ones are dead sexy and hate to replace 'em. I'll try the paint!

If you try the paint make sure it's fluorescent paint and spay it on Tupperware lid and use middle of a smooth broken off toothpick, or atleast that's how I did it and it came out very clean.
And you can just color the indent or fill it up the whole way. I could see it better by filling the holes up all the way. (Lol). Ok bring on the puns... Lol. I could FEEL it better too. Lol. I filled up all holes on my Recto. Lol

I think I'll fill all my knobs up too... there's so many, might need a break before I finish all of them... then I'll polish my knobs once they've dried. :lol:

noodles said:
Am I the only one that doesn't need to see the knob position? I don't ever look that closely; I just turn it until it sounds good. Years of playing on dark stages, I guess.
trust your ears!!!!

estring said:
noodles said:
trust your ears!!!!
I'd say that most players do trust their ears; that's why we play Mesas, right? :lol: It's just that some of us have what are known as "baseline settings" that we use to start with and then adjust accordingly to suit the room, and we need to see the knobs in order to do that. Also, some of us don't see as well as we used to, especially if the stage is not well lit when setting up.

I love the red paint on the original knobs. It looks like it's supposed to be there. Keeps the theme of the amp.

Another idea guys--> how about a dab or two from a White Out Pen? The tip of the pen is close to the diameter of the hole if I remember correctly.

Matt

Latest posts

Back