Mini Rectifier low gain demo.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr0sty

Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/project-dome/mini-recto-low-gain

Rhythm tracks are the pushed mode on channel 1 while the lead track is channel 2's vintage mode. Both channels were set to 10 watts.

A slightly off axis sm57 was used on an avatar premier vintage 2x12 cab (v30/g12h30). Don't know for sure which speaker it was on :) The guitar on all tracks was a fender strat with a rio grande dirty harry bridge pickup.

Thanks! So far, I'm not loving the mini rec. Oddly, I'm finding it harder to dial in than my Mark V. I have that since they came out and loved it from the start. It was the first boogie I had ever tried.

I will be spending more time trying to figure this amp out.

fr0sty said:
Thanks! So far, I'm not loving the mini rec. Oddly, I'm finding it harder to dial in than my Mark V. I have that since they came out and loved it from the start. It was the first boogie I had ever tried.

I will be spending more time trying to figure this amp out.
Have you read the manual/tried the sample settings? What, specifically, are you finding difficult to dial-in?

I had read the manual a couple times before the mini arrived. I *thought* I had a good grasp on it. I have owned a Mark V since they came out, so I though I was good to go. Folks always say the V is so hard to dial in. I never found it to be difficult. I have found the mini's tone controls to be much more interactive than the V. It was new to me that a tone control can act differently depending on where another control is set. There is some of that with the V, but not in the same way or same degree as the mini.

There are several simple instructions in the manual that I didn't truly grasp the power of until I started dialing it in.

I'm much more comfortable with it now and am getting good tones on all modes and channels.

Latest posts

Back