Mesa Triaxis vs. Marshall JMP-1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry but I heard the mp3 and hated the tone.
Like I said jmp1 TO ME sound like a Boss heavy metal pedal.
Your tone sounded like a Boss over drive pedal.
Guitars are muffled without treble or presence.
They realy sounded TO ME like a boss overdrive pedal very bad regulated.
So buy a pre amp to sound like this TO ME is waste of money If a pedal can give me this sound .
Ok you liked your tone but only because you liked it doesnt mean that your tone is good.
If somebody asked me what equipment do you used to record I probably say boss pedals.
So good or not your tone sound like pedals .TO ME
Very diferent than the samples people posting using boogies.
My point is if you can get this tone with boss pedals why waste money with a jmp1 ?
If a triaxis for example give me a tone like DOD pedals I ll sell my triaxis .
It doesnt matter if you liked your tone or if everybody liked what matters is how your tone sounded comparing with other preamps like rocktron ,digitech whatever.
If your tone is good enough for you great but dont tell me tha this tone is good because nobody will recognize it from a jmp1 because it sound like nothing.
Its good for you keep it.
luck

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7BCB6F43514200D6

This is a sample of a new song of mine.

To me this tone is very equal to CORGAN 33 with more gain.

Please tell me did I use a Jmp1 or a Triaxis ?

sombra said:
Im sorry but I heard the mp3 and hated the tone.
Like I said jmp1 TO ME sound like a Boss heavy metal pedal.
Your tone sounded like a Boss over drive pedal.
Guitars are muffled without treble or presence.
They realy sounded TO ME like a boss overdrive pedal very bad regulated.
So buy a pre amp to sound like this TO ME is waste of money If a pedal can give me this sound .
Ok you liked your tone but only because you liked it doesnt mean that your tone is good.
If somebody asked me what equipment do you used to record I probably say boss pedals.
So good or not your tone sound like pedals .TO ME
Very diferent than the samples people posting using boogies.
My point is if you can get this tone with boss pedals why waste money with a jmp1 ?
If a triaxis for example give me a tone like DOD pedals I ll sell my triaxis .
It doesnt matter if you liked your tone or if everybody liked what matters is how your tone sounded comparing with other preamps like rocktron ,digitech whatever.
If your tone is good enough for you great but dont tell me tha this tone is good because nobody will recognize it from a jmp1 because it sound like nothing.
Its good for you keep it.
luck

This is really funny. I also have a '79 JMP 100 head and the JMP-1 on OD1 mode can do the exact same tone as the head on both inputs. It sounds nothing like a Boss or DOD pedal. Maybe direct it does but not with a good power amp.
Also the JMP-1 sounds fine with other power amps but the KT88s really sound amazing with it in person. If it really sounds so bad i wouldn't have people coming up to me after nearly every show i play asking what amp i use. There was a guy last night that uses a Recto (Diezel in studio) in awe at the thickness of my sound.

I'll be sure to post the new songs we're recording with my rig in January. I used a Diezel Herbert on the 3 songs we did this last run but i will definitely be using my own rack this time. It sounds just as good as the Herb if not better.

Here's the mighty Boss MT2 through my Strategy 500. You can hear the SS hiss of the pedal very well here.
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22734

Here's the JMP-1 + Strategy 500 mocking my JMP 100 head.
Yeah this sounds just like a Boss pedal :wink:
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22735

Well, IMHO, the MT-2 sounds like an improved version of what it has always been, a POS, not doubt the Strategy is helping a lot here.
The second clip (B in B ) doesn't sound bad at all! Of course, it's definetively a Marshall sound so you have to like that kind of sound to appreciate it ( I do). But I still think the TA is a better all-rounder in the sound department.
I still prefer the MP-1 to the JMP-1 any day, but it's all a matter of taste. And being the MP-1 a dinosaur I understand the appeal of a more modern piece of gear like the JMP-1.
But from personal experience I can tell you that the speaker emulation of the Marshall unit sucks big time. So using it to record clips for posting on the net is doing it a big disservice.

Hey guys thanks for all the posts and clips. I know very soon I will be starting my rack and I know down I want to get the Mesa 2:90, Mesa Triaxis, Marshall El34 100/100 and the Marshall JMP-1. I'm also going to get the G-Force effects unit, and a Furman conditioner. I want to know if the order they are put in the rack matters and if so what would be the best order for the items i just listed. Also, I'm mixing these 2 tones together to get a Mesa/Marshall tone through both clean and distortion and I wanted to know what good pedals are out there for me to switch through the presets? Thanks

- Patrick

guitarmaster said:
corgan33 said:
I used a Diezel Herbert on the 3 songs we did this last run but i will definitely be using my own rack this time. It sounds just as good as the Herb if not better.

I don't agree!!!! Diezel herbert (I have played it) has a real different tone
compared to that of your own rack (JMP1+Strategy500)!!!!!
As I have told before : if you like JMP1+Strategy, it's ok (but remember that your tone is 80%-90% Strategy tubes).
Watch this youtube video of a Diezel Herbert with a Mesa 4x12 cab and some cheap fx...........do you think your tone is better...............(I'm not the guy of the video, but with Herbert you could have a tone better than this). Ok, there's a chorus fx and other fx (cheap yamaha fx) in the loop, but I don't think that Herbert could be compared to your rack : (watch the begin and the end of the video for dirty tones).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivcAA1uozvI

PS : and the sound is "recorded" with a cheap camera (poor audio quality) not with a pro recording system.

I'm not using a pro recording system either. I've had the experience of a Herbert cranked in person and my rig on stage for a long time so i can say mine is more massive sounding. The herbert is a great sounding head but my rack actually sounds like a Bogner Uberschall in the low end department and a Marshall DSL 50 in the high end. There was a band playing an Uber right after us 2 weeks ago so i got to hear them side by side. All i can say is wait for the new songs. They will be posted asap. You're gonna be really suprised at how it doesn't sound like a pedal when i get my tones recorded by a pro.

AliensExist4 said:
Also, I'm mixing these 2 tones together to get a Mesa/Marshall tone through both clean and distortion and I wanted to know what good pedals are out there for me to switch through the presets? Thanks

I use a cheap ada mxc midi controler with 2 expressions on it.
One to volume and the other to parameters change.
I payed 150 dollars .Nothing cheapier , smaller and light weighted than that.
Try it it is almost unexpensive.

I used an Uptown Pedal Pusher to split my signal when i used them both. It was just too much of a hassle and the Triaxis' rhythm wasn't really there for me. The cleans and leads on that preamp are honestly GREAT but that's not enough to justify keeping it for me.

2006rig1.jpg

corgan33: What do you mean by "splitting" the signals? And do I need it?

Also, I know very soon I will be starting my rack and I know down I want to get the Mesa 2:90, Mesa Triaxis, Marshall El34 100/100 and the Marshall JMP-1. I'm also going to get the G-Force effects unit, and a Furman conditioner. I want to know if the order they are put in the rack matters and if so what would be the best order for the items i just listed?

AliensExist4 said:
corgan33: What do you mean by "splitting" the signals? And do I need it?

He splits his signal in two signals and one goes to the jmp1 and the other goes to the triaxis.

split = divide

Its like you having a guitar with two separate outputs,with two cables one goes to the jmp1 and the other goes to the triaxis.
With this thing he just use a regular mono instrument cable .
I dont know why he use it cause I ll simply split the end of my cable in two plugs.I will not spend money on it.

sombra said:
I dont know why he use it cause I ll simply split the end of my cable in two plugs.I will not spend money on it.

It's an 8 way splitter. If i really want to do a crazy recording with multiple amps in the future i can split to as many as i want. Really cool and rare unit. It also has an active gain boost in case you're running LONG cables to add the extra punch that's lost with the length.

Oh ok so I would need that for me to mix the tones right? Also what order should my rack go in. I listed all my potential rack units above. Thanks

- Patrick

Dude equipments follow the sound signal.

guitar - pre - efeitos - power - cabs .

Put your rack stuff following the sound signal =

power conditioner
jmp1
triaxis
fx
power

its so simple
:p :p :p

Latest posts

Back