Mesa strategy 500 or Simul 395 owners please HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degradacija

Reaction score
I just got this monster from US and need help to convert to 230V, if anybody has 220-240V model please let me know, I just need one pic from the inside of the chassis.

31jTpqWMtuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MX1QXA...nd=1667037711455866080&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

Hi,

I had the same problem, bought a strategy 500 from the US, but used a step down transformer for ages. Works fine, but the bloody thing on it's own already weighs a million kilo's. After moving to Australia, I decided to get into modding the amp. no schematics available on the net, so you're pretty much stuck. Found out that it's more than simple, just 2 bridges you have to take out, put 1 in a different position and you're done.I'll try to make some pictures of the part you have to look at. I'll also test the voltages on all the wires and post em for you. my amp runs on slightly higher voltages now, because of 240/250 Volt, so you should be sweet with 230V. Sorry in advance if I'm taking a while getting this sorted, busy life unfortunately.
Anyway, great buy, I love this amp, great tone overall.

Mark

By the way, no offence zachman, 500 W will not do. Had to buy a 1000W step down.

Mark1977 said:
By the way, no offence zachman, 500 W will not do. Had to buy a 1000W step down.

None taken. I just grabbed the 1st step down pic I could find.

i also purchased a strategy 500 from the states and my tech here in australia reversed the biwire on the main power transformer or something like that, and now it works fine 240v didnt cost much at all

cheers Neil

Latest posts

Back